1. 1. Player of the game?

• Josh Allen/ 33-46 312 2TD/ 14 rush 57 yards 1TD
    • John Brown/ 6-70-1
    • Stefon Diggs/ 8-86
    • Jordan Poyer/ 3 tkl 1 FF
    • Mario Addison/ 3 tkl 1 Sack
    • Andre Roberts / 5 PR 69 yards/ 1 KR 31 yards
    • Other

I think this is a pretty easy one. Wasnt perfect for Josh but still the best game of his career statwise. Not bad for not having any preseason game to get the rust off. Im kinda glad he made some mistakes in such a good game. Gives some material to go over in the film room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

@drew39k couldn’t bring yourself to vote for Allen? Lol

Nah,can't vote for the guy that fumbled the ball away two times in the redzone and missed a wide open wr that should have put another 7 on the board.

Not even a hater thing. He had a bunch of plays that looked great. Certainly looked better than Darnold.  If he does that against a team that doesn't suck it will likely cost you guys the game. John Brown(and Diggs) came up with clutch third down grabs all over the place, and did a great job of breaking off routes to help out Allen when he had to scramble. They deserve credit for what they did. 

10 hours ago, drew39k said:

Nah,can't vote for the guy that fumbled the ball away two times in the redzone and missed a wide open wr that should have put another 7 on the board.

Not even a hater thing. He had a bunch of plays that looked great. Certainly looked better than Darnold.  If he does that against a team that doesn't suck it will likely cost you guys the game. John Brown(and Diggs) came up with clutch third down grabs all over the place, and did a great job of breaking off routes to help out Allen when he had to scramble. They deserve credit for what they did. 

That is more on Daboll then Allen, your OC should not be constantly putting your QB in a situation to risk fumbling, had they just stuck with running with an Rb or making a sweep with Mckenzie then that is something that could risk Allen fumbling. As for the wide open Brown pass I agree it should have been a touchdown but your throwing on the run and your rolling to the left where your hips are not set to throw accurately but that isnt an excuse to give that one up like that he needs to practice on it. With that said he was clearly the best player on the bills in performance he was able to run for 60 yards and throw for over 300 yards that is a qb we all were looking/hoping for. So if an MVP has to be given this week it was to him as he made great plays when needed to guys like Brown Diggs and Beasley not to mention a few passes to Moss/Knox that looked great. You can knock him all you want but this is a guy who involved putting this team in the position to have 40 minutes of offense and over 20 first downs with the RBs only running for 40 yards so he put the offense on his back to make the plays with his arm.

12 hours ago, drew39k said:

I mean yeah those fumbles were bad and that pass is classic Allen. But there is no question he was the best player on the field yesterday.

Diggs and Brown definitely deserve credit but it wasn’t like the offense was all 3 yard passes that they turned into huge gains. Allen put the ball where it needed to be basically all day for a career game.

30 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I mean yeah those fumbles were bad and that pass is classic Allen. But there is no question he was the best player on the field yesterday.

Diggs and Brown definitely deserve credit but it wasn’t like the offense was all 3 yard passes that they turned into huge gains. Allen put the ball where it needed to be basically all day for a career game.

I'm not saying he was trash. There were points in the game where we weren't going to stop him at all. Heck I'm not even knocking you for voting for him. I just think that Brown and Diggs were excellent, with spots where they were were able to break off routes to help out Allen. They were able to consistently get open. 

Allen's bright spots were great, but against a team that is better than the Jets(basically everyone lol) the errors would have been costly. It may be revisionist but has the Jets turned those two fumbles into tds and you lost would you still be picking him as MVP? He also had two throws that should have been picked, but again the Jets suck.

If can can clean up the fumbles(already what, 29 in his career) and be a little more accurate he can take that next step.

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

Allen's bright spots were great, but against a team that is better than the Jets(basically everyone lol) the errors would have been costly. It may be revisionist but has the Jets turned those two fumbles into tds and you lost would you still be picking him as MVP

Yes because he was the offense. The defense played as a whole unit and IMO no one player outshines another. 

At half time the Bills has 223 yards and Allen was responsible for 220. I agree his fumbles were bad. And he still has some errant passes. But without him, the Bills don’t shine play nearly as well. 

3 hours ago, drew39k said:

I'm not saying he was trash. There were points in the game where we weren't going to stop him at all. Heck I'm not even knocking you for voting for him. I just think that Brown and Diggs were excellent, with spots where they were were able to break off routes to help out Allen. They were able to consistently get open. 

Allen's bright spots were great, but against a team that is better than the Jets(basically everyone lol) the errors would have been costly. It may be revisionist but has the Jets turned those two fumbles into tds and you lost would you still be picking him as MVP? He also had two throws that should have been picked, but again the Jets suck.

If can can clean up the fumbles(already what, 29 in his career) and be a little more accurate he can take that next step.

Let me ask you this is Darnold your Franchise Qb or do you call it quits with him? Is it a Gase or Darnold issue, or is it both? Just curious what your thoughts were on this aspect of it on the opposite side as you are a fan? 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Let me ask you this is Darnold your Franchise Qb or do you call it quits with him? Is it a Gase or Darnold issue, or is it both? Just curious what your thoughts were on this aspect of it on the opposite side as you are a fan? 

Darnold has the tools to be a franchise qb but whether its awful playcalling from Gase, a massive void at WR, mono, and abysmal oline or his own bewildering mental errors( running ob for a 5 yard loss, multiple near picks) he simply hasn't shown any sort of sustained growth.

If your asking if the Jets should cut bait after this year, the answer is no. He is still extremely young and has shown flashes of great upside. Barring an absolute disaster of a season I'm retaining him thru his 5th year option, while using our draft picks and Fa to build an actual offense around him. If he flops by year 5 we should have a decent stockpile of players on offense that a new qb would be able to come in and have a chance to be developed properly instead of running for his life and throwing to nobodies that can't seperate, adjust, or fight for the ball.

Again, I'm not ****ting on your QB. He played Well. I simply don't think two lost fumbles in the red zone, a pair of should be interceptions and a bad miss to a wide open target in the red zone that  cost you 4 points is mvp of the game material. Not when your wideouts looked great and kept beating the corners badly.

I'm not even blaming or attacking any of you for voting for Josh. I get it, he is an exciting young QB that made some good plays, looking dominant at times, and lead you to a win. I just don't think the good plays were so much better than Browns(orDiggs) play when you factor in the bad plays.

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

Again, I'm not ****ting on your QB. He played Well. I simply don't think two lost fumbles in the red zone, a pair of should be interceptions and a bad miss to a wide open target in the red zone that  cost you 4 points is mvp of the game material. Not when your wideouts looked great and kept beating the corners badly.

I'm not even blaming or attacking any of you for voting for Josh. I get it, he is an exciting young QB that made some good plays, looking dominant at times, and lead you to a win. I just don't think the good plays were so much better than Browns(orDiggs) play when you factor in the bad plays.

No they weren't. They were bad passes but just because they were into double coverage doesn't mean they should have been interceptions. You're trying too hard.

Completing 72%. 312 yards, 3 touchdowns and rushing for 57 yards is certainly outweighing two fumbles and 3-4 bad passes. Like C'mon man. Again, who was completing these passes to Brown and Diggs? They did their jobs and did them well. But they didn't need to be elite because Allen was always putting it on them. The Bills still dominate and win this game if Beasley and McKenzie are the starting WR's. That isn't the case if Matt Barkley is starting at QB. That's why Allen was the most valuable player on the field yesterday.