• Josh Allen/ 33-46 312 2TD/ 14 rush 57 yards 1TD
    • John Brown/ 6-70-1
    • Stefon Diggs/ 8-86
    • Jordan Poyer/ 3 tkl 1 FF
    • Mario Addison/ 3 tkl 1 Sack
    • Andre Roberts / 5 PR 69 yards/ 1 KR 31 yards
    • Other

22 hours ago, drew39k said:

Darnold has the tools to be a franchise qb but whether its awful playcalling from Gase, a massive void at WR, mono, and abysmal oline or his own bewildering mental errors( running ob for a 5 yard loss, multiple near picks) he simply hasn't shown any sort of sustained growth.

If your asking if the Jets should cut bait after this year, the answer is no. He is still extremely young and has shown flashes of great upside. Barring an absolute disaster of a season I'm retaining him thru his 5th year option, while using our draft picks and Fa to build an actual offense around him. If he flops by year 5 we should have a decent stockpile of players on offense that a new qb would be able to come in and have a chance to be developed properly instead of running for his life and throwing to nobodies that can't seperate, adjust, or fight for the ball.

I appreciate the response! so does Gase then go if Darnold cant get going this year or should he be safe too? I know Mac had the opportunity to make all these decisions on what to do with 100 mil and brought in a new hc in gase in which he was canned after a debatable botched offseason. So if Gase goes, does Douglas go or do you give him the time to grow and have his own coach come in if gase is let go? Also it is still early but if you are in a situation where you land the #1 pick, which I realistically do not see this happening but the possibility is out there do you go with Lawrence knowing you have 5 years for him to be groomed on a rookie contract and you know that he is one of those type of QB prospects that only come out every so often like Luck or do you just go with the bpa at #1 or collect more picks to assist Darnold? It is all speculative so do not take it a wrong way just curious on what a jets fan opinion is as a whole.