Seoul @ Singapore

Ragnarok

Who wins?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I've got to agree with what others are saying about this being a close game. With Sutton out, I'm not sure Seoul's offense will be quite as effective as some said but I'm not really a fan of the offense that Singapore trotted out this week either. Just a couple of starters who I think will be largely ineffective. In the end I think Seoul will be able to get just that one more score than Singapore to get the win.

5 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

I'm going with Seoul as I think overall they have the edge, but a small nitpick is discussing what they plan on coming out with and doing on offense based on defensive personnel. If I'm not mistaken, the offense must come out with a personnel before the defense adjusts. If the defense adjusts to the offense, you don't really get to dictate what you want to accomplish.

That's an interesting take. 

I feel like, if you're a coach, and you see a given personnel on defense you will call the plays you need given what you see in front of you. It's not like I'm changing personnel or anything, it's just the plays I call which are different. 

6 hours ago, TedLavie said:

That's an interesting take. 

I feel like, if you're a coach, and you see a given personnel on defense you will call the plays you need given what you see in front of you. It's not like I'm changing personnel or anything, it's just the plays I call which are different. 

And that's why it's a small nitpick, because yes it wasn't including personnel changes and the coach can call to an extent, but it just seemed a bit off in the way I had read it, like the offense was reacting to the defense and not the other way around. I can understand the offense taking advantage of a single play before the defense adjusts, but beyond that, just seemed like 'we'll counter everything!' type of approach.