SNF Week 1: Cowboys @ Rams

Tex

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

I’m joshing with you. But the salt can be seen! Looking like a dog with rabies every time we win. 

Because I said he got bailed out by a bad call? 

Seems like it's more you than me dawg. You not see the 20+ posts in regards to the call (as well as you saying he should've gotten called)? I'm good over here.

3 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Brown is OK and has that vet experience, but there’s a reason Akers was named the starter. Tonight Brown seems to get better blocking with a lot more room to run while Akers is getting hit around the LOS. Akers is a good receiver at the RB position, so I’m surprised that they haven’t tried to get him in space. He is very explosive, perhaps it’s his best trait. Also a lot of WR jet/orbit motion going on and more spread formations for Browns run plays while things are mostly static for Akers plays. I don’t get it.

Anyways, RAMS fans should be excited about him.

The blocking wasn't that much better. Brown simply has better instincts at this point. Akers had a couple of plays that were blocked well where he missed a cut or wasn't patient enough. Akers will get there.

5 minutes ago, Tex said:

If this game is a sign of things to come -- I'm not sure who will win the NFC East. And I'll be sticking with Seattle to win the NFC West pretty solidly.

Week 1 isn't a sign of things to come. Both the Rams and Cowboys look like good squads. Play wasn't as sloppy as I expected. We'll see on Seattle. On paper, they're kind of meh. But Russell Wilson is Russell Wilson.

Just now, jrry32 said:

The blocking wasn't that much better. Brown simply has better instincts at this point. Akers had a couple of plays that were blocked well where he missed a cut or wasn't patient enough. Akers will get there.

Week 1 isn't a sign of things to come. Both the Rams and Cowboys look like good squads. Play wasn't as sloppy as I expected. We'll see on Seattle. On paper, they're kind of meh. But Russell Wilson is Russell Wilson.

Well you don't know that about either team. Seattle seems like the clear cut best team in that division to me (not basing this on just week 1 but definitely on last season + their additions). 49ers are more of a wild card, not sure what to make of them. I can see them and the Rams battling for a playoff spot depending upon how the NFC South and North go.

2 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

You’re gonna look at me with a straight face and tell me Dallas deserved to win that game lol ?

I don't believe I said that. There were a lot of mistakes made, and not taking a FG to tie the game earlier was completely stupid. But having the game more or less end on a ref needlessly throwing a flag is significant. There was no coming back from that.