SNF Week 1: Cowboys @ Rams

Tex

59 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Just because I crap on my own team, doesn't mean I can't crap on yours. Dallas looked awful and so did we. Only week 1.

Dallas didn't look awful. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how well each team executed all things considered. 

22 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Dallas didn't look awful. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how well each team executed all things considered. 

Really I thought both ultimately looked pretty sloppy. Granted it is week 1. Just kind of expected more out of the powerhouse that is known as the Dallas Cowboys.

37 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Really I thought both ultimately looked pretty sloppy. Granted it is week 1. Just kind of expected more out of the powerhouse that is known as the Dallas Cowboys.

Soft, springs to mind. For Dallas.

Soft in the middle of the D, soft on offensive playcalling (don't recall any completed big plays outside of Elliot). 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The McVay vs Pederson thread was entertaining, I have to say

Philly fans might talk this week, but I won't be saying much. McVay is 0-2 against Peterson, both at home, second game as a double digits favorite. Fully expecting an L for that reason even though I think the Rams have as much or more talent.

I was really pleased with our two biggest question marks: OL and RB play. I think both came through quite strong, with Malcolm Brown taking over and playing a game consistently. He's always flashed and been a redzone threat, but it's good to see him have more opportunities to run the ball. He's a strong runner. The OL was massively improved, particularly in the run game, which was great to see.

I think that game could've finished either way in the end. Both teams played decent enough to win the game, but the decision not to take the chip shot when they had the chance was undoubtedly aggressive and ill-conceived. It was a statement call and ultimately took the wind out of the sails. As for the OPI, I would've been beyond disappointed if it had been called against the Rams. In real time, I can absolutely see why he's given it but when you slow it down and focus on his hand placement then it looks like a bad call. Big call. 

I always had the Cowboys down as comfortable winners of the NFC East and I still believe that will be the case. 

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:
4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I thought most teams looked pretty bad this week, from what I saw. Cowboys looked 'okay' for week 1. But we need to improve if we want to be a threat to anyone, obviously. 

I wasnt on FF.com last night, do we all agree that call against Gallup was crap? Especially in context of all the other stuff the refs were letting people get away with?

16 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Maybe maybe not. Those judgement calls go both ways. But this is beyond the septic tank:

Eh4VMobXYAA8QwT?format=jpg&name=small

True, that changes the game completely. That gave them a TD instead of a potential FG. +4 points for them if they even make the FG. Add into the fact that if they do make the FG, we probably kick a FG ourselves on the 4th and short. Making it +7 for us in a game decided by 3. 

Either way, as I always tell my kids, you gotta play well enough to not let the refs beat you. (even if sometimes thats impossible)

Edited by Matts4313

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I thought most teams looked pretty bad this week, from what I saw. Cowboys looked 'okay' for week 1. But we need to improve if we want to be a threat to anyone, obviously. 

I wasnt on FF.com last night, do we all agree that call against Gallup was crap? Especially in context of all the other stuff the refs were letting people get away with?

Could've been a makeup call for the horrible missed call against Dallas for punching Goff in the face mid-release. And yeah I agree, lot of meh play this week.