SNF Week 1: Cowboys @ Rams

Tex

18 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Really hate that we’re seeing those ticky-tack OPI penalties being called league-wide (or any ticky-tack call, for that matter). AJ Green’s game winning “push off” was weak, as well. And there was another one I saw on Evan Engram last night too that made me shake my head.

They were kind of touching on that last night. It sucks, but any time the WR arm extends on the upper body to get separation, it's an automatic call. I prefer the "let them play" method, but not the world we live in.

Plus, in real time, the refs are still human. I know it's easy for us to play ref in slow-mo.

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

And even still, the announcers even said that they usually give the coach the timeout in that situation. This wasn't a one time thing and honestly probably is better for the game.

Sideline violation is a thing. I remember the 49ers got a 15 yard penalty for that against the Cowboys in 1993.

On 9/15/2020 at 4:18 AM, jrry32 said:

Weak call. But they hit the Rams with some ticky tack calls, and Dallas got away with a clear penalty on the pick. That missed call was a pretty big swing.

And if it was the Rams WR pushing off and the Rams got away with it they'd be rioting because it wasn't called. 

On 9/15/2020 at 7:59 PM, jrry32 said:

I watch NFL football and see it happen every single week. Coaches even run out onto the field to call TOs and challenge plays. How have you not seen it before?

Sorry for the late reply but my internet is down because I live in that part of the country.

Is there a line item in the rule book that has a time out exception to that rule?