SNF Week 1: Cowboys @ Rams

Tex

At some point (I know it won't happen) I really would like to see some kind of rule that would seek to curtail offensive players (specifically receivers) crying for flags after any kind of contact.  I mean, I get it's trying to game the system that's there, but as a former DB that stuff just bugs me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

At some point (I know it won't happen) I really would like to see some kind of rule that would seek to curtail offensive players (specifically receivers) crying for flags after any kind of contact.  I mean, I get it's trying to game the system that's there, but as a former DB that stuff just bugs me.

Yeah it's very annoying, but theres no way to do it without giving the refs more power, and I don't want that either.

• Like 1

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah it's very annoying, but theres no way to do it without giving the refs more power, and I don't want that either.

The only thing I can think of is instituting something similar to what FIFA has on the books for soccer (but even then it's rarely enforced at the pro level) where only designated captains and assistant captains are permitted to talk at the refs, and all others can be penalized for "dissent" if they go off on them.

13 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Bit early for them, but I'll be interested to see McVay's 2nd half adjustments.  The playcalling is getting a shade predictable.  I'd expect to see more attempts to get the TE's and Van involved.

Yep. He has them off balance right now, but they'll adjust.

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

The only thing I can think of is instituting something similar to what FIFA has on the books for soccer (but even then it's rarely enforced at the pro level) where only designated captains and assistant captains are permitted to talk at the refs, and all others can be penalized for "dissent" if they go off on them.

There would be a long period of tons of flags if they did it, though. I just hate flags ruining games, and it kind of helps that happen.