Defensive rookie of the year so far?

Blackstar12

I haven't watched a single Colts game. Frankly, I haven't made it through a single Steelers game because the product is just bad at this point. But far too often rookies end up judged based on the most basic of statistics rather than how well they do their job on a play-by-play basis. On pace for stats are bull**** because the reasons for them often change in a sport with as much going on as football.

6 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I haven't watched a single Colts game. Frankly, I haven't made it through a single Steelers game because the product is just bad at this point. But far too often rookies end up judged based on the most basic of statistics rather than how well they do their job on a play-by-play basis. On pace for stats are bull**** because the reasons for them often change in a sport with as much going on as football.

True that's why I said so far. Watching Malik Hooker this year I'm impressed with how fast he covers distances so far he's making impact immedentily which some rookies don't do. Kid is going to have a bright future.

2 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

There's plenty of rookies in the running.  Carl Lawson has been great for us.  I'm sure there are plenty of guys performing, and on teams with better records.

That shouldn't matter Bosa won it on a team that won 5 games last year .

5 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

That shouldn't matter Bosa won it on a team that won 5 games last year .

It shouldn't matter, but it does.  Bosa just had that much of a monster season.  It didn't hurt that he was one of only a few standouts on defense.  Offense was loaded by rookie performances last year.

It also didn't hurt that his name was circulating before the season with his holdout.  Then he comes in, and within a few weeks starts dominating.

19 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Whats wrong with your Steelers? I am assuming you're a Steelers fan based on the name. I thought they were dominating. You had the fluke upset to the Bears at this point. Heck no team other than KC has really dominated anything. Everyone looks pretty normal.

Actually no. Tredavious White would be rookie of the year right now.

Leads entire NFL in passes defensed with 8. 1 INT, 2 FR and 1TD. White has made huge plays and been a shut down corner. 

Nothing against Hooker but there is a reason White won defensive rookie of the month

57 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Actually no. Tredavious White would be rookie of the year right now.

Leads entire NFL in passes defensed with 8. 1 INT, 2 FR and 1TD. White has made huge plays and been a shut down corner. 

Nothing against Hooker but there is a reason White won defensive rookie of the month

He's been ridiculously good

Archived