Defensive rookie of the year so far?

Blackstar12

12 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Not sure about DRoY, but he's one of the best ballhawks to come out of college in recent years.  I could see him racking up 60+ int's over the next 10 years as long as he stays healthy.

this.. dude us a ball hawk for sure..

He was the best safety in the BIG Ten by far last year.. Peppers got all the pub because he returned punts and ran the wildcat every once in a while.

So, as has been pointed out in this thread, Malik Hooker has not been the most impressive defensive rookie this year, although he's certainly up there.

Just the same..... HOW DID MALIK HOOKER FALL TO #15???   I don't know about all of you, but Hooker was my #3 overall prospect in this past year's draft behind only Myles Garrett and Jamal Adams.  Why did San Diego, Carolina, New Orleans, Arizona and Philadelphia all pass on him? 

Yeah, New Orleans got a good value in Lattimore and then Marcus Williams in the 2nd round, but they couldn't have known Williams would be there and they needed a coverage safety every bit as much as they needed cornerback help in a draft that was just as deep at CB.

Yeah, San Diego got Desmond King in the 5th round (Speaking of people falling way too far, how did that happen), but they couldn't have known he would be there either. 

Why are you guys so definitive in your picks when the only rookies you are watching are your teams rookies and the rookie QBs. Bills fans are saying White, you have a Colts fan saying Hooker, you have Bengals fans say Lawson, you will have Jets fans say Adams. You will have Pitt fans say Watt. You get the gist. Just pointless if you're not gonna have a discussion or not consider other rookies

39 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Why are you guys so definitive in your picks when the only rookies you are watching are your teams rookies and the rookie QBs. Bills fans are saying White, you have a Colts fan saying Hooker, you have Bengals fans say Lawson, you will have Jets fans say Adams. You will have Pitt fans say Watt. You get the gist. Just pointless if you're not gonna have a discussion or not consider other rookies

That Pitt fan will not be me. I like Watt but I feel like there are many more deserving candidates. I'm just glad we get to have rookies play nowadays.

1 hour ago, Crickett said:

So, as has been pointed out in this thread, Malik Hooker has not been the most impressive defensive rookie this year, although he's certainly up there.

Just the same..... HOW DID MALIK HOOKER FALL TO #15???   I don't know about all of you, but Hooker was my #3 overall prospect in this past year's draft behind only Myles Garrett and Jamal Adams.  Why did San Diego, Carolina, New Orleans, Arizona and Philadelphia all pass on him? 

Yeah, New Orleans got a good value in Lattimore and then Marcus Williams in the 2nd round, but they couldn't have known Williams would be there and they needed a coverage safety every bit as much as they needed cornerback help in a draft that was just as deep at CB.

Yeah, San Diego got Desmond King in the 5th round (Speaking of people falling way too far, how did that happen), but they couldn't have known he would be there either. 

New Orleans made the right call with Lattimore. I still think it's crazy Lattimore made it out of the top 10. I had him rated higher than Hooker, and CB was a bigger need than Safety for the Saints

46 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Which is 100% true and mostly true for this whole site.. but White is the right choice. Was named defensive rookie of the month (over every other rookie ;) ) and is playing like an all pro..

20 tackles

8 PD (leads NFL)

1 INT

1 FR

1 Touchdown

2 TFL

0 Touchdowns allowed

1 hour ago, Crickett said:

Lattimore was 100% the right call. Guy has played like an absolute stud and shutdown corner. #8 CB on PFF if you care about that kind of thing. Lattimore falling was just as big of a story as Hooker falling. We got some great value there. 

Archived