turtle28

If Apke doesn’t improve next week... what to do @ FS?

I've never been big on Apke... I am actually expecting the first half Apke to show up kinda often. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Bro, you went from Top 3 pick to Contenders REAL quick. 

We can contend to win the east

it isnt like the east is the nfc or afc west

9-7 or 10-6 could win it

11 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

9-7 or 10-6 could win it

I don’t think we’ll contend to win the division but I don’t know if my prediction of 5-11 is accurate either. We’re probably a little better than what I thought. We can’t forget the Eagles were missing Lane Johnson, Derek Barnett, Alshon Jeffery and Miles Sanders.

Those players aren’t out for the season, we faced a shell of the Eagles. The Cowboys are definitely more experienced, more proven and more talented than us in every position but DL. Us and the Giants have different holes on our teams, we’re about equal when it’s all said and done. Us and the Giants probably win anywhere from 5 to 7 games.

Edited by turtle28

45 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think we’ll contend to win the division but I don’t know if my prediction of 5-11 is accurate either. We’re probably a little better than what I thought. We can’t forget the Eagles were missing Lane Johnson, Derek Barnett, Alshon Jeffery and Miles Sanders.

Those players aren’t out for the season, we faced a shell of the Eagles. The Cowboys are definitely more experienced, more proven and more talented than us in every position but DL. Us and the Giants have different holes on our teams, we’re about equal when it’s all said and done. Us and the Giants probably win anywhere from 5 to 7 games.

if were going to be 8 and 8 or under id rather not bring anyone in 

If we somehow manage to start the season 3-0 and Apke appears to be a weak-link I’d immediately bring in Earl Thomas. It all depends on how this season starts though. If we get boat raced by the cardinals then I just stick with Apke and see if he can improve. 

Thoughts on bringing Eric Reid in?  Seemed like Rivera liked him well enough...

Ugh, I slept on it and I still feel like Apke is a disaster waiting to happen in the back. In his first NFL game Jaelen Reagor was blowing by him. He supposedly runs 4.3 but didn’t have the range to get anywhere near Goedert in the seam on his TD. Imagine what DeAndre Hopkins, Kirk and Fitz would do to him? 
 My leash on him would be pretty short. They should be working people out. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

9-7 or 10-6 could win it

And that gets Washington ... what? A first round exit? Or maybe they get lucky and get to the Divisional round? At 9-7, they would be the 4 seed, so they'd get either the top WC team followed by the #1 team. They aren't making the NFC Championship Game.

Let's enjoy this win, but not get ahead of ourselves.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Woz said:

And that gets Washington ... what? A first round exit? Or maybe they get lucky and get to the Divisional round? At 9-7, they would be the 4 seed, so they'd get either the top WC team followed by the #1 team. They aren't making the NFC Championship Game.

Huge overreaction week for everyone.  The Eagles aren't as bad as people think- they are much closer to the team they played in the first quarter , much more than we are the team that played in the second half.  

• Like 2

On 9/14/2020 at 9:34 PM, Vladimir L said:

if were going to be 8 and 8 or under id rather not bring anyone in 

8-8 isn’t going to contend for the division IMO. I think the Cowboys are a 10 or 11 win team.

On 9/15/2020 at 1:23 AM, Woz said:

Talk Show Reaction GIF by iOne Digital

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

No joke, if Apke starts next week, this team is preparing to fail. Sign someone off the street and put Apke back on special teams.

Normally if you have a weak link somewhere you can assign someone to be a back-up for their shortcomings... Apke is supposed to be our last line of defense and he isn't getting the job done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

No joke, if Apke starts next week, this team is preparing to fail. Sign someone off the street and put Apke back on special teams.

Normally if you have a weak link somewhere you can assign someone to be a back-up for their shortcomings... Apke is supposed to be our last line of defense and he isn't getting the job done.

Curl should get some more playing time.  Maybe if Fuller is healthy, he is at FS out of necessity at this point.  Darby, Moreland and Moreau are doing OK at corner.  

Apke just looks like everything is moving too fast for him right now.  He's not ready to be getting this minutes and this level of responsibility. 

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Curl should get some more playing time.  Maybe if Fuller is healthy, he is at FS out of necessity at this point.  Darby, Moreland and Moreau are doing OK at corner.  

Apke just looks like everything is moving too fast for him right now.  He's not ready to be getting this minutes and this level of responsibility. 

Unfortunately I don't think Curl is a natural Free Safety. (Same reason I said in the game thread he could easily replace Collins next year if we wanted to move on) If Fuller comes back next week, I would absolutely slot him in above Apke at FS. Moreland and Darby/Moreau are serviceable out wide, but our FS play cannot be this bad. If not for our constant pressure we would be giving up long TD passes to his side all day long.