If Apke doesn’t improve next week... what to do @ FS?

turtle28

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Unfortunately I don't think Curl is a natural Free Safety. (Same reason I said in the game thread he could easily replace Collins next year if we wanted to move on) If Fuller comes back next week, I would absolutely slot him in above Apke at FS. Moreland and Darby/Moreau are serviceable out wide, but our FS play cannot be this bad. If not for our constant pressure we would be giving up long TD passes to his side all day long.

They have to do something.  A wooden 2x4 with a mean face drawn on it is better on the field than Apke.  

I continue to say Apke must improve by half way through the season, if he doesn’t they need to move Fuller there and go with Moreau or Moreland opposite Darby on the outside with the other one in the slot.

I do think Apke played better vs the Browns then he did the first two weeks but he definitely has to play better to keep his job.

Why is everyone in a rush to change players? 

The likelihood of getting through this season unscathed by COVID is small. Your head coach has cancer. The team doesnt even have a name. This season is done.

Theres no reason to bench players in favor of backups. Especially when those players are young and need the reps. This is how they improve and how they get evaluated.

Unless someone is showing something in practice, why would we remove young players that still have ceiling potential.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Why is everyone in a rush to change players? 

The likelihood of getting through this season unscathed by COVID is small. Your head coach has cancer. The team doesnt even have a name. This season is done.

Theres no reason to bench players in favor of backups. Especially when those players are young and need the reps. This is how they improve and how they get evaluated.

Unless someone is showing something in practice, why would we remove young players that still have ceiling potential.

giphy.gif