Trubisky vs Mayfield

patriotsheatyan

Trubisky vs Mayfield  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better

• Trubisky
    • Mayfield

5 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Where is the context to this video? Have no idea what you’re trying to say by posting this video. Does this mean Trubisky is good, bad, better than Mayfield, worse than Mayfield? You posted the video, perhaps you should provide context as to why you posted it in this thread...

And on this note, I’m out. I’m done arguing with you about your sanctimonious need for context when you, yourself, provide such examples of lazy material that is devoid of context.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Because alot of times it doesn't. 

All stats need context. 

Right, but passer rating is pretty much rock bottom now in terms of accessing a passer's performance. It leaves out the most context out of any other major stat utilized or analyzing QB play. Fumbles, rushing yards, down/distance, opponent, sacks, among other factors are all ignored. But since it's been around since 1973, and because it's simple and easier to understand people roll with it. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

8 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Trubisky has never shown a passing season as good as Baker’s rookie season. Baker has potential to be a mid to low end franchise QB IMO, one game where Baker played a stacked Ravens secondary and Trubisky played a bad Lions secondary isn’t going to convince me this is a competition. So far we have rookie Baker with an awesome season and 2nd year Baker with a terrible season. This game today while he didn’t have a good game, he also wasn’t as terrible as the stats indicate. I’d easily bet he finishes the season as the superior QB. 

He actually did a really good job of evading the rush and getting the ball out quickly. If he hadn't done some of those things, it would have been a REALLY ugly day for the Cleveland QB.

• Like 1

A mere 12 months ago, after week 1 2019, this comparison forum had a "Lamar Jackson vs Baker Mayfield" thread.

This thread should really serve as a notice to how drastically different the direction of those 2 QBs have gone since then.

Baker is probably better than Trubisky, but it's not abundantly clear at this point. And that's bad news for Cleveland.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 10:22 AM, DawgX said:

Baker just needs to stop force feeding the ball to OBJ. He was having a decent game up until the point where he was constantly passing it to OBJ, who was doing absolutely nothing to warrant being force fed the ball.

Exactly. Cleveland really would be a crap ton better without the overrated OBJ. Dude is just too soft to be the true #1 that he thinks he is. Jarvis Landry is the clear cut superior receiver and fit for Baker. He’s the guy to force feed, along with those TEs, and Hunt.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 10:22 AM, DawgX said:

Baker just needs to stop force feeding the ball to OBJ. He was having a decent game up until the point where he was constantly passing it to OBJ, who was doing absolutely nothing to warrant being force fed the ball.

Baker was so much better with Breshad Perriman and no one he felt he needed to force feed the ball, times were so simpler then...sigh....

On 9/14/2020 at 2:49 AM, diamondbull424 said:

I didn’t watch the game but at least early in those game highlights it looked like he wasn’t appropriately going through his progressions either. Looked like he started to at some point in the second half.

So I definitely think along with his three season sample size, I’d err on the side of him not being able to sustain what he did in the 4th quarter there. JMO though.

It's not the first time he shows these flashes and it's the only reason why he wasn't as much of a question yet at QB going into last year. He'll be back to his old self real soon when his teammates need it the least.

Edited by LeonKennedy
  • Like 1