Brady vs Brees 2020

patriotsheatyan

Brady vs Brees 2020  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who has a better year?

• Brady
    • Brees

Brady will wind up with more stats I’m sure.  The Bucs will eventually get it together.  Not sure they win more games though, unless Saints fall off a cliff.

Brees looks almost done.  We expect nothing more than game manager at this stage.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Brady is also, but his arm still looks good enough, while Brees arm is looking sketchy as hell.

56 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Brady will wind up with more stats I’m sure.  The Bucs will eventually get it together.  Not sure they win more games though, unless Saints fall off a cliff.

Brees looks almost done.  We expect nothing more than game manager at this stage.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Brady is also, but his arm still looks good enough, while Brees arm is looking sketchy as hell.

This has to be Brees' last year right? Don't know his contract situation, but I'm guessing the Saints cut bait and move forward. 

17 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

This has to be Brees' last year right? Don't know his contract situation, but I'm guessing the Saints cut bait and move forward. 

I think so.  It’s hard to imagine he’ll play after this year.  His arm strength has been going, but if his accuracy now starts going also, welp that’s a career.

By better do you mean more team success/wins or better stats? 

Brees at this point is a combination of the body/skillset of Chad Pennington with the brain of Peyton Manning. He's incredibly smart and doesn't make mistakes. But he doesn't have the arm talent of Brady at this point. But he also has the significant advantage of being in a well established system with a surrounding cast that he is familiar...and I think that the surrounding cast is more talented. 

I think that I'd take Brady in dynasty, but in reality you have to go with Brees at this point. Better situation.

Brees contract situation is that once he goes away the Saints eat about 20 million dead cap the following year.

If he wants money and the Saints want to push off cap hell another year then he may be back in 2021.

Oh, boy its going to be ugly though. They are like 70 million over next year's cap already.

He also cares a lot about records and Brady takes all of his compiling records if he retires and Brady plays 1 more year after Brees.

I don't wish a slow recovery on Michael Thomas but it would be interesting to see what Brees does in 3 or 4 games without him.

Edited by SkippyX

Depends on what you mean. Even though the Saints won that game last week.... Brees looked physically a lot worse. I think he’ll degrade even more as the season goes on. This usually doesn’t end in an upswing. 

I think it really depends on when the Bucs tighten up and when Brees declines. I bet both teams make the the playoffs. But I think Brees might limp into it and Brady might be the terror nobody wants to face. What will be most interesting is if Brees holds on enough to secure the division.