Ryan Kerrigan breaks team sack record

naptownskinsfan

On 9/15/2020 at 9:55 AM, MKnight82 said:

Also a lot of people like to point out that we missed out on JJ Watt by trading down in that draft (even though there’s no evidence we would have drafted him).  Well Kerrigans career has obviously not had the explosive highs that Watt has had, but he’s been more consistent.  Kerrigan is currently only 4 career sacks behind Watt.

We also forget that it wasn't Watt that we were targeting but Robert Quinn. No one expected the Rams to take yet another DE.

On 9/16/2020 at 1:30 PM, turtle28 said:

I would say Trent was the best player Washington had in the 2010’s, Kerrigan was the best selection bc Kerrigan wasn’t drafted as high as Trent.

Ryan is also the only one I'll bang the table for as getting a gold jacket from the teams in the 2010s.

As much as I understand Trent's holdout, he's going to take a back seat to Ryan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Ryan is also the only one I'll bang the table for as getting a gold jacket from the teams in the 2010s.

As much as I understand Trent's holdout, he's going to take a back seat to Ryan.

How about Alfred Morris?  He’s 5th all time in team rushing yards, and would have been higher if we’d extended his contract.  He also has the team record for rushing yards in a single season.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

How about Alfred Morris?  He’s 5th all time in team rushing yards, and would have been higher if we’d extended his contract.  He also has the team record for rushing yards in a single season.

Just not a long enough career to justify HoF criteria. If he had continued on in Washington, he might have been Ring of Fame worthy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Oh I was talking ring of fame, he’s obviously not a HOFer

Still too short a career here. Had they re-signed him and he was still productive, absolutely. Great teammate, great locker room presence, great guy in the community.

21 hours ago, Woz said:

Trent will get into the Ring of Fame at some point.  Never say never about time healing everything, especially since he didn't trash Snyder on his way out (although I could be wrong, but I distinctly remember him not mentioning him.). 

Personally, Trent might have a HoF career if he didn't hold out, and didn't have some of the injuries he's had.  One of our most talented players in Snyder's tenure. 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Trent will get into the Ring of Fame at some point.  Never say never about time healing everything, especially since he didn't trash Snyder on his way out (although I could be wrong, but I distinctly remember him not mentioning him.). 

Personally, Trent might have a HoF career if he didn't hold out, and didn't have some of the injuries he's had.  One of our most talented players in Snyder's tenure. 

I never said never. I just said he's parked behind Kerrigan for me. Ryan is priority,

On 9/20/2020 at 11:47 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Some folks have insinuated that he's never going in, not you.  

And I could see him waiting because he was stuck on some horrible teams. It's not fair, but it is what it is. The good news in Kerrigan's corner is that the Washington rep in the room doesn't have anyone else to really pound the table for (and I think Trent's hold out did himself a major disservice on that front).

On 9/19/2020 at 9:25 PM, Woz said:

Disagree, Trent’s hold out should have nothing to do with his play on the field. Trent is the only player Washington had this decade who played like a Hall of Fame player but, I don’t know if he gets in or not. He very well may though if he goes to the playoffs & wins games/ goes to the super bowl with the 49ers.

Ryan is a good player, he’s not a hall of fame player, he’s never even been considered for All-Pro.