Ryan Kerrigan breaks team sack record

naptownskinsfan

On 9/29/2020 at 2:21 PM, turtle28 said:

Disagree, Trent’s hold out should have nothing to do with his play on the field. Trent is the only player Washington had this decade who played like a Hall of Fame player but, I don’t know if he gets in or not. He very well may though if he goes to the playoffs & wins games/ goes to the super bowl with the 49ers.

Sorry, if I was the Washington rep, I'm not banging the table for Trent. I'll vote for him, yes, but it's not the same as actively campaigning for him.

On 9/29/2020 at 2:21 PM, turtle28 said:

Ryan is a good player, he’s not a hall of fame player, he’s never even been considered for All-Pro.

Ryan is the equivalent of Art Monk in my opinion. Just does his job year in and year out. He's not flashy but gets the job done. He's deserving.

On 9/29/2020 at 3:34 PM, MikeT14 said:

Oh God, didn't we just do that... this YEAR!?!?! Or was he listed as a WR. Can't remember. 

To be fair, in three plus games, Gibson has already shown more than Jones did.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 3:34 PM, MikeT14 said:

Oh God, didn't we just do that... this YEAR!?!?! Or was he listed as a WR. Can't remember. 

He was a WR. But we knew he is a hybrid you just get him the ball he can line up wide he has WR hands but he’s built and runs with RB Vision and he’s runs like a back he isn’t going to break down just like DK isn’t using hard step cuts their just bigger different guys

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

1-15

I said that to my buddy earlier I was like I could see us lose the rest of the games but man if they could ever hit on healthy talented actual skilled OL we could have a nice WR RB tandem. You add Pitts at TE to those two man you have real weapons

OL and A game changing TE and this offense could really look good their just young.

The defense really looks the most disappointing honestly. But we’re missing Chase and we need to see more out of the DL outside of Chase without Chase masking them. Collins has to make more game changing plays

Edited by ripsean21

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I said that to my buddy earlier I was like I could see us lose the rest of the games but man if they could ever hit on healthy talented actual skilled OL we could have a nice WR RB tandem. You add Pitts at TE to those two man you have real weapons

OL and A game changing TE and this offense could really look good their just young.

The defense really looks the most disappointing honestly. But we’re missing Chase and we need to see more out of the DL outside of Chase without Chase masking them. Collins has to make more game changing plays

What bothers me about the defense the most is the missed tackles but I think a lot of teams are having issues with that given COVID-19 and there being very little of an offseason no preseason and obviously Apke.

I had high hopes when we cut Apke in favor of Sean Davis and now I don’t know why the coaches did that. Sean Davis is by no means a great FS but he would’ve play better than Apke has so far, I guarantee that.

I also agree about Collins, he’s been a disappointment. I think it was you who said we should move him to WLB in the GDT - something I’ve wanted to do since it was known we were switching back to the 4-3. Moving Collins to WLB and starting  Curl at SS should improve our LB play and our coverage in the secondary too, especially if you’re also moving Fuller to FS, starting Moreau or Moreland opposite Darby and benching Apke.

We also have to keep in mind that today we were facing Lamar Jackson which is an entire different animal for any defense. Our D probably would’ve had a few more sacks if not for having to deal with Jackson being a dual threat and with him escaping the pocket.

Edited by turtle28