Week 2: GDT The Battle of Ohio, Anyone want it?

Bucketheadsdad

Who wins?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got this Thursday?

• Browns
    • Bengals
    • Who Dey?
    • Here we go Brownies.
    • Did Jacksonville win again?
    • You know...in the first game's GDT, we forgot to have Hornby's name here. So, Hornby

23 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Thank you for letting Burrow live 

Welcome to being a rebuilding team. Unfortunatly you draft the QB first and hope not to break him by the time you sign/draft enough help around him.

The Tim Couch treatment as I call it. He died for our sins.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah dudes need to take this extra time to get right, we need all hands on deck.

I realize Washington has some sacks, but they literally were the worst team in the league last year.  We have 10 days and we’re at home.  This is a game we should expect to win.

Expect to win?

Who?

The fans?

The team?

Expecting to win is a formula for defeat for both.

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Story of the game.

7 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

Thank you for letting Burrow live 

He won’t last the season behind that O line.  Refs let someone tag him hard in head too with no call.   Hopefully the damage doesn’t ruin him as a player.  He has makings of a good one.   

8 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:
8 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not a single post in the Baker thread since the game started 😂 

Cleveland fans don’t know what to do if the qb doesn’t suck.

I’m thinking if we all chip in to pay @MWil23 s tv bill he might show up a little gentler 😇

Baker looked great last night. He was in rhythm, sharp, pinpoint in his delivery for RAC opportunities, and finally trusted his eyes. As a result, his footwork was better, his mechanics were clean, and he trusted the OL, which IMO, has played very well in the first two games. If we get this Baker the next 14 weeks, pick up that 5th year option and get ready for a major deal in 2022 and beyond!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Baker looked great last night. He was in rhythm, sharp, pinpoint in his delivery for RAC opportunities, and finally trusted his eyes. As a result, his footwork was better, his mechanics were clean, and he trusted the OL, which IMO, has played very well in the first two games. If we get this Baker the next 14 weeks, pick up that 5th year option and get ready for a major deal in 2022 and beyond!

Agreed, but that pick chapped my arse worse than most of the ones he’s thrown.

It wasn’t tipped, it wasn’t dropped, it wasn’t a great play by a defender, it wasn’t a long heave on a 3rd down that functioned as a punt, we weren’t down trying to make a play to catch up.

It was simply reckless and he needs to limit those.

Bur yeah, play like he did last night and we’re in good shape.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed, but that pick chapped my arse worse than most of the ones he’s thrown.

It wasn’t tipped, it wasn’t dropped, it wasn’t a great play by a defender, it wasn’t a long heave on a 3rd down that functioned as a punt, we weren’t down trying to make a play to catch up.

It was simply reckless and he needs to limit those.

100% my reaction too, because game situation matters in that instance. You're in Field Goal Range, it's an early down, be smart with the football...and throwing late across the field is almost always universally bad, especially with a 2 high safety look, because you know you're either getting Cover 2 or Cover 4/Quarters...and that 1/4 of the field belongs to that safety.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Bur yeah, play like he did last night and we’re in good shape.

I'm anxious to see him against a defense that isn't "awful", but confidence and rhythm are both real things...and if he gets that squared away, I like his chances of 2019 being a throwaway year and this year him being able to have that "fixed" with potential for my other statements about reading a defense/looks presnap that should be relatively basic.

• Like 1