Week 2: GDT The Battle of Ohio, Anyone want it?

Bucketheadsdad

Who wins?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got this Thursday?

• Browns
    • Bengals
    • Who Dey?
    • Here we go Brownies.
    • Did Jacksonville win again?
    • You know...in the first game's GDT, we forgot to have Hornby's name here. So, Hornby

This is no fun. I don’t like the in between hedging. Browns fans are supposed to over react, when Baker played well last night I expected it to be that he is the best quarterback in the league again to equal out last week where he was the worst in the league.  Forums are only fun when it’s hot 🔥.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Baker looked great last night. He was in rhythm, sharp, pinpoint in his delivery for RAC opportunities, and finally trusted his eyes. As a result, his footwork was better, his mechanics were clean, and he trusted the OL, which IMO, has played very well in the first two games. If we get this Baker the next 14 weeks, pick up that 5th year option and get ready for a major deal in 2022 and beyond!

Yep. And btw the book isn’t written on him yet the same way it wasn’t written after the first game. I want to see his body of work for the whole year. Looks like he’s still working on the footwork that Van Pelt has him working on. I noticed a slight hesitation with that first step. This offense is going to be a work in progress for a few more games. I think the talent alone is what showed up last night. But talent alone won’t get it done against the likes of Baltimore. That’s where familiarity and cohesiveness coupled with talent can get it done. 

Side note: speaking of footwork, you can tell Wills is struggling with his too. He looks good for the most part but when he struggles you can see his feet getting crossed. When he gets that worked out he looks like a good one. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed, but that pick chapped my arse worse than most of the ones he’s thrown.

It wasn’t tipped, it wasn’t dropped, it wasn’t a great play by a defender, it wasn’t a long heave on a 3rd down that functioned as a punt, we weren’t down trying to make a play to catch up.

It was simply reckless and he needs to limit those.

Bur yeah, play like he did last night and we’re in good shape.

I get what you’re saying and I agree he can’t do it. However all the greats in the history of football have made that same INT. 

51 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

This is no fun. I don’t like the in between hedging. Browns fans are supposed to over react, when Baker played well last night I expected it to be that he is the best quarterback in the league again to equal out last week where he was the worst in the league.  Forums are only fun when it’s hot 🔥.

This.com

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

I get what you’re saying and I agree he can’t do it. However all the greats in the history of football have made that same INT. 

For sure, they’re gonna happen, but that’s just the type of pick that really hurts.

There was simply no need or reason for it other than being overly aggressive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I can live with those plays, but he has to make up for them and make special throws too. If you want to play like Favre, fine. However, you have to have Favre magic too.

Great game by the Browns. A win is a win. Offense executed the gameplan to perfection, minus the Interception. Should have never called that play when we are moving the chains consistently on the ground. Defense played subpar, except the dline and Denzel Ward. I thought we looked gassed very quickly on d. Part of that could be attributed to injuries and Covid. Thank goodness our Thursday night game is behind us. Not a fan of Thursday night games other than it gives me something to watch.  

Some thoughts as I watch through the highlights and am reminded about my thoughts from the night:

Our secondary is missing 3/5 of it's starters. Our LB's are missing two of the top four. And boy is that obvious. Sendejo and Goodson especially ugly.

This is what the offense is supposed to do. Nasty run game makes the pass game even harder to cover. Baker in rhythm was nice. This is the best RB duo in the NFL and it's not remotely close.

The Richardson sack of Burrow was the funniest thing I've seen in AWHILE. Burrow trying to spin out and Sheldon just grabbing his shoulders and sitting him down. Priceless.

There were some BAD missed calls on Cinci. Holds on Myles and OBJ all OVER the place, two blocks in the back on the second long return. Refs are in midseason form.

• Like 1

now this is an awesome break down and some good ish Stef is putting together. 

Kinda like last year when the Vikings had a slow start to the season. I see the same thing with the browns. Great game last night but I think we are just scratching the surface

they need to establish things and put a lot of things on tape that they can learn from and force opposing defenses to scheme for. 

it was great seeing Baker being put in good situations and seeing baker doing some good things. Hopefully it should only get better as baker learns the offense and figuring out what works and doesn’t work and for Stef learning what baker does well at and how to keep mauling teams in the run game. 

Now talking about the video I posted. I hope next week we run the same thing but coming off playaction. Have Hooper slip his block, baker holds the ball, and you hit Hooper dragging across the back side 

• Like 1

I was pretty big fan of teller and like what I saw from him last year but I honestly didn’t think he be this good. Mad freaking props to Callahan! It seems like Teller was always a Dude who tried to our muscle you and it caused him to get beat a decent amount last year. It’s like he has functional strength or learned how to harness his strength and improved his technique and has turned Him into an absolute bulldozer to run behind

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I was pretty big fan of teller and like what I saw from him last year but I honestly didn’t think he be this good. Mad freaking props to Callahan! It seems like Teller was always a Dude who tried to our muscle you and it caused him to get beat a decent amount last year. It’s like he has functional strength or learned how to harness his strength and improved his technique and has turned Him into an absolute bulldozer to run behind

Yeah he’s been rock solid, the whole line has including Hubbard last night.

4 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I have a feeling we are going to see Baker fluctuate between performances like this and performances like the Ravens all season.  I want to see what he can do in his 2nd year of the same offense because all his uncertainty, bad decisions, bad footwork could be improved with consistency.

I don’t think it will be a rollercoaster type season like that. I think it was just a horrible match up with the Ravens last week. 

kirk cousins looked like garbage the first 4weeks. Stef finally got a feel for the offense and Kirk settled in and that offense took off. I think by week5 or 6 we should get a good free on what the offense will be like for the season. 

not saying we are going to turn into a stud offense. I just think we still haven’t found ourselves yet cause we faced one of the best teams and than one of bottom feeders. I think how we play wk5/6 is going to be what the offense will be like the rest of the season. Just need to figure out this defense