Week 2: GDT The Battle of Ohio, Anyone want it?

Bucketheadsdad

Who wins?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got this Thursday?

• Browns
    • Bengals
    • Who Dey?
    • Here we go Brownies.
    • Did Jacksonville win again?
    • You know...in the first game's GDT, we forgot to have Hornby's name here. So, Hornby

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This could be like the Jets game last year if we get Myles matched up with Bobby Hart. I think Vernon will have a good game against Hart too.

Vernon needs to do something already.

I say Clayborn pop a lot more just watching the game than I did OV.  If he can’t provide some sort of something, give someone else a shot.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, buno67 said:

We saw Sendejo on special teams look even worse...

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm fine watching him suck too. 

Arguing about which awful guy sucks less is pointless, but sure, go ahead and put Redwine in, I don't really care.

Keeping Vernon was a mistake, but it's not like we have anyone else. We restructured his contract, guaranteed him less but yet everything we signed him for was guaranteed, saved on cap, and will move on next year.

We've gone from "Wow we have a lot of guys we have to pay" to "Wow, we are setup for a LOT of cap room and another rebuild"

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

Keeping Vernon was a mistake, but it's not like we have anyone else. We restructured his contract, guaranteed him less but yet everything we signed him for was guaranteed, saved on cap, and will move on next year.

We've gone from "Wow we have a lot of guys we have to pay" to "Wow, we are setup for a LOT of cap room and another rebuild"

No more rebuilds, just “build”.

Cut Sheldon, sign Larry.  Move on from Vernon.  Move on from ObJ (as of now), pay Chubb.

Keep adding picks and talent, build and develop.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No more rebuilds, just “build”.

You stole my line. Well played sir...well played!

Cut Sheldon, sign Larry.  

How much will Sheldon cost us next year? He had a good Week 1, but absolutely on Larry O.

Move on from Vernon.  Move on from ObJ (as of now), pay Chubb.

We would be foolish to let Chubb walk, and this is a guy who acknowledges the RB and pay commitment analytics factor.

Keep adding picks and talent, build and develop.

Add picks, let guys walk who are replaceable that will net comp picks, keep reworking contracts that allow for shorter walkaway options and long term cap flexibility, and if Baker isn't it, find your franchise QB. These rookie contracts allow you to walk away with only "year" commitments instead of when it used to nuke your entire cap and franchise. I want either GREAT Baker or AWFUL Baker this year so that decision is easy to make. I don't want Limbo Baker.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You stole my line. Well played sir...well played!

great minds...

How much will Sheldon cost us next year? He had a good Week 1, but absolutely on Larry O.

something Ike 13.  Of course at this rate we’ve got nobody else to pay so why not keep him?

We would be foolish to let Chubb walk, and this is a guy who acknowledges the RB and pay commitment analytics factor.

Agreed.

Add picks, let guys walk who are replaceable that will net comp picks, keep reworking contracts that allow for shorter walkaway options and long term cap flexibility, and if Baker isn't it, find your franchise QB. These rookie contracts allow you to walk away with only "year" commitments instead of when it used to nuke your entire cap and franchise. I want either GREAT Baker or AWFUL Baker this year so that decision is easy to make. I don't want Limbo Baker.

I’ll be honest, I’m expecting limbo Baker, which is ok. You can’t “develop” a QB like we have Baker and expect things to go smoothly.  If we get limbo Baker I’d be inclined to pick up the option and commit to him and one system for a few years and see if continuity and actually doing things “the right way” can work.

36 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Between he and Harrison I’d rather watch a youngster suck than some old dude who’s supposed to be a stopgap (at best).

You beat me to saying this....we ABSOLUTLY have to play Redwine......let the young guy learn and develop.....

I saw him on Special Teams and he didnt look bad IMO, he had the one Holding penalty.....last year he at least looked Competent....lets check him out... 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ll be honest, I’m expecting limbo Baker, which is ok. You can’t “develop” a QB like we have Baker and expect things to go smoothly.  If we get limbo Baker I’d be inclined to pick up the option and commit to him and one system for a few years and see if continuity and actually doing things “the right way” can work.

If we get Limbo Baker, I'd be more inclined to decline his fifth year option, bring in a veteran to compete with him, and if he blows our doors off, make him the highest paid QB in the NFL, which we'd have to do anyway even if we picked up his fifth year option. Otherwise, you let him walk after 2021.

Now, if we get "Limbo Baker" with a promising upswing down the stretch, I'm picking up that fifth year option and committing to him the first portion of 2021 with hopes that he replicates the upswing going forward, "figures it out", and then you commit to him long term.