Tracking the Seattle Seahawks

NewAge

40 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Pick is now the 7th pick after another SEA win. 

Let's say we are 4 and 10....I can't see us being smart enough to take Linderbaum and I can't see them trading down to take Linderbaum.  Fully expecting Hutch/Thib at ~4 and best LT left over at ~10.  I won't complain at all but Center would elevate the line and offense all together.

15 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Let's say we are 4 and 10....I can't see us being smart enough to take Linderbaum and I can't see them trading down to take Linderbaum.  Fully expecting Hutch/Thib at ~4 and best LT left over at ~10.  I won't complain at all but Center would elevate the line and offense all together.

Very true, Linderbaum, is my pick with one of our two first round picks. That could all change if the Johnson's want to trade one of our first round picks to move up in the draft to take the Alabama QB, nothing would surprize me with those people.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Linderbaum is a crazy talent… but guys like Patterson or Lindstrom could start Day 1 and be great too. And could be day 2 or 3 picks.

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Very true, Linderbaum, is my pick with one of our two first round picks. That could all change if the Johnson's want to trade one of our first round picks to move up in the draft to take the Alabama QB, nothing would surprize me with those people.

What Alabama QB? Young isn't draft eligible until the next draft. They could do something crazy and try to do a could trade downs to get the picks needed to be able to move up in next year's draft for him. That would be something like trade out of four for a later first this year and a first next year. Then trade out of the Seattle spot for a 2nd this year and a first next year. In theory you could also try a second trade down with yhe 1st acquired in the first trade down to get another first next year plus something this year. 

That would leave you with no firsts this year, but like three 2nd rounders plus next year you'd have four first rounders including our own pick that would likely be high again because we still suck. 

No gm would do that though, without a ton of job security, something Douglas doesn't or shouldn't have.

I hate to say this but all this talk of draft, picks, what players we should get means nothing until you get a QB. I know you need an OL and this blah blah blah but man ever time we pick this guy or that it is a bust. I can't remember the last time we hit on a first round pick. I know AVT looks like we might have hit one but other than that 2017 with Jamal Adams and before that it would be 2011 with Wilkerson. So if AVT does hit that means you hit on 3 of the 13 picks in the first round. If you go even further back your talking Revis in 2007. That means you hit 4 of the 18 picks. I think anyone of us could have hit better than that. 

2 minutes ago, drew39k said:

What Alabama QB? Young isn't draft eligible until the next draft. They could do something crazy and try to do a could trade downs to get the picks needed to be able to move up in next year's draft for him. That would be something like trade out of four for a later first this year and a first next year. Then trade out of the Seattle spot for a 2nd this year and a first next year. In theory you could also try a second trade down with yhe 1st acquired in the first trade down to get another first next year plus something this year. 

That would leave you with no firsts this year, but like three 2nd rounders plus next year you'd have four first rounders including our own pick that would likely be high again because we still suck. 

No gm would do that though, without a ton of job security, something Douglas doesn't or shouldn't have.

Yes Young can go in the draft. You have to be out of high school for 2 years and he is a sophomore this year. After winning the H Trophy he might declare. 

8 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Before FA, what has better value?

Edge, LT round 1 and one of Patterson/Lindstrom day 2

Edge, Linderbaum round 1 and OT/OG/WR round 2?

We're a team that needs talent more so than anything. So go after talent period. On the OL I don't see an FA C that are worth spending bog on. Maybe go hard after Scherff at OG for the OL. Besides that. We have to test the TE FA market and the WR FA market.

I see us getting a tier 2 WR in FA. And a starting TE that has potential but isn't anything great.

On defense we need LBs, an outside CB, and 2 Ss.

Edge we could use but Lawson is due back and we paid JFM. So 100% if Hutchinson or Keyvon are there with our 1st... we need to think about drafting them.

My point was merely that if Linderbaum in the top 10 is a bit crazy. Bc the position he plays. Probably a slam dunk pick and I wouldn't dislike the pick at all. My point was more that we could maybe draft a CB maybe there and still draft a guy like Lindstrom in Round 3 and be a better team all around.

For me lets say we draft Keyvon or Stingley at 5. We then draft Linderbaum at 10. We have 2 great picks and I certainly wouldn't hate it. But for an overall draft in improving multiple areas, its probably better to use that 10th pick elsewhere and use a 3rd on Lindstrom.

• 2 weeks later...

As of now we are guarantee the 15 overall pick in the first round with the Seahawks pick. WE WILL EVEN MOVE UP IN THE TOP TEN. IT IS ALL ABOUT THE NEXT TWO WEEKS OF THE REGULAR SEASON. JUST A GUESS, I think we will end up with six overall pick in the draft. 

THERE IS A REAL GOOD CHANCE THAT WE COULD PICK BACK TO BACK IN THE TOP TEN.

Edited by doumeyer