Game ball/Jocks

WizardHawk

7 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Dak was something like 16-20 198 yards at half and ended the game 25-39 266 yards

So, in crunch time (note, not garbage time) Dak was 9-19 for 68 yards and didn't get it done again against a good team in a close game

Yep, horrible second half

8 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

yeah again the play call wasn't the issue. It was the execution. And perhaps the player choice. Maybe don't have a rookie with no pre-season games & a truncated camp run that route.

Even with all of that, the play was really set up for success. Defender made an amazing play. It is what it is.

I'm not very worked up about what happened on 4th & 3. Going for it was the right decision, IMO. The play call was good. The execution wasn't perfect, but 8/10 times it would have probably been good enough. It didn't work out.

The far more frustrating play was the 3rd & 6 right before it. *Playing* for 4th down was the mistake. Give Dak a real chance to pick up the 1st down there. 

I would give the game balls to Trevon Diggs (played every single snap) and Aldon Smith. If we had 11 defenders of their caliber, this would be a good defense.

Too many jock straps to go around, but the most consequential might be C Williams and Joe Looney. Aaron Donald is obviously a load, but the leash for those two should be short, with McGovern and Biadasz waiting in the wings.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Too many jock straps to go around, but the most consequential might be C Williams and Joe Looney. Aaron Donald is obviously a load, but the leash for those two should be short, with McGovern and Biadasz waiting in the wings.

This shouldn’t be overlooked. Seems waiting on CW to turn the corner/get stronger is a never ending cycle. Love the Loon, but he’s best served at backup. 

22 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

This shouldn’t be overlooked. Seems waiting on CW to turn the corner/get stronger is a never ending cycle. Love the Loon, but he’s best served at backup. 

I think Williams is much better served as a Tackle.

Put Biadasz and McGovern in at C and LG. Move Williams to swing tackle and he can start until Lael comes back.

Game ball: Diggs- gave up a few catches but had great coverage on them for the most part. Just perfectly thrown balls.

Zeke- Ran tough, great receiver out of back field 

Aldon- Played a great game for not playing in years 

Jock Strap: Interior Dline- got pushed back the whole game 

Coaching - There were no preseason games, of course its going to be throw the ball as quick as you can. There was no adjustments to the quick outs. We are gonna see alot of this at the beginning of the season until teams get settled in. ADJUST for it! Play some different coverage's and make the quarterback sit in pocket so we can let our pass rushers attack.  

Steele - I mean what do you expect with a rookie filling in for Collins. Should of kept a tight end in more to help right side 

17 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I think Williams is much better served as a Tackle.

Put Biadasz and McGovern in at C and LG. Move Williams to swing tackle and he can start until Lael comes back.

I think this is not a bad idea at all. But would have gotten CW some run at tackle during training camp if this would be an option..

1 hour ago, 5x10 said:
8 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Dak was something like 16-20 198 yards at half and ended the game 25-39 266 yards

So, in crunch time (note, not garbage time) Dak was 9-19 for 68 yards and didn't get it done again against a good team in a close game

Yep, horrible second half

I didnt watch the entire 4th, but Dak kinda got screwed by that shoddy OPI on an incredible deep bomb + Cooper dropping one on a crosser. Its not like he didnt do his job on those plays. Add those in and its 11/19 for over 100. 

Edited by Matts4313

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

The kid was going up against Donald whom btw also made Martin look like a William's clone that's how good Donald is. William's held up ok for what it's worth 

51 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I didnt watch the entire 4th, but Dak kinda got screwed by that shoddy OPI on an incredible deep bomb + Cooper dropping one on a crosser. Its not like he didnt do his job on those plays. Add those in and its 11/19 for over 100. 

We can count things that don't happen as part of a players stats?

Maybe you can keep a running tally of Dak's woulda/coulda/shoulda's over the course of the season and we can use those stats to justify his contract demands

Don't forget Lamb running the crossover 1 yard short on 4th down. Add a yard to Dak's total, and since that would have got the first, add in another few completions and maybe a TD pass. With the TD we would have won the game, so add a win onto Dak's career win total too

Man.... Dak had a GREAT game, so glad he got us the win after the bad start by the defense

5 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

yeah again the play call wasn't the issue. It was the execution. And perhaps the player choice. Maybe don't have a rookie with no pre-season games & a truncated camp run that route.

It also looked like the TE did not run his route right causing Lamb to be short of the marker.

10 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

The read led Dak to Lamb. It was a basic hi lo combination. The defense dictated where the ball went. And it went to the open player. The defender just made a hell of a play tracking it through traffic and making an open field hit.

But why go for it there to begin with? Lets be real here. The two veteran stars Dak and Zeke got you to a position to tie the game, and from there its anyones ball game. Why are you giving it up to gamble for a 4th and medium? You take the 3 and its a whole new game, zero zero and a 1 quarter game. 

I dont care what metrics and analytics say. Analytics arent there to coach. Its to aid the coach. But you still have to coach. My neice is 5. And even she asked Uncle John arent they supposed to kick the ball? Shes 5 dude. Lol. My response btw? "They are just pretending to go for it so they can make the other team get a penalty"

If this was garrett who made this call, this forum would be on fire with a rally assembling to burn down The Star. But since it was Mike McCarthy, ya'll defending the call. Kinda nuts

Gb: Zeke looked dangerous. Quick cuts and was running guys over. 
aldon Smith is a beast. Just need to find a way to put him in better spots to make plays. 
honorable mention: Diggs- looks like a gamer and puts himself in a lot of good spots. Hill also showed flashes. 

jockstraps: coaching- D looked like last year we sit back and allow teams to dink and dunk and run up the gut. Without ever forcing the qb to make a play. Offense wasn’t much better though I think losing jarwin hurt us as seemed like he was gonna be involved heavily.