Game ball/Jocks

WizardHawk

19 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I'm sorry. You can take your priors and shove it. I routinely suggested keeping Redball and didn't like the Mike hire. 

Try again next time. 

I didnt like the Mike hire neither. I wasnt back up to full health until after the hire or Id have been here telling everyone how terrible of a fit it is. 

Now I didnt say you specifically were defending the call to go for it, so i dunno why you took it so angrily. But the point still remains, a lot of defending the call it seems. But had it been Garrett, there would be an uproar. Dont know why its overlooked, the importance of that call and how terrible of a call it was. Down by 4, id say it was worth a shot I guess. But with a tie looming, just a damn flat out stupid decision.

3 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

But since it was Mike McCarthy, ya'll defending the call. Kinda nuts

If the players had executed the play properly would they had gotten a first down?? The call was correct. Players didnt execute is all that was. Garrett or McCarthy have nothing to do with it. If Jason Garrett made that call and it resulted in the same way it still would of been on the players. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

If the players had executed the play properly would they had gotten a first down?? The call was correct. Players didnt execute is all that was. Garrett or McCarthy have nothing to do with it. If Jason Garrett made that call and it resulted in the same way it still would of been on the players. 

Jason Garrett would have played it safe and kicked the FG and we would have still lost 23-20

Just now, Dallas94Ware said:

Lol. As I said, if Garrett made the call, there would.be calls for his head. But since it was the shiney new coach doing it, folks will defend it to the grave. Face palm.

Garrett would have played it safe. We watched him for 10 years playing it safe and it drove us all f'ing crazy

MM's call was refreshing

53 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Lol. As I said, if Garrett made the call, there would.be calls for his head. But since it was the shiney new coach doing it, folks will defend it to the grave. Face palm.

Thing is Jason Garrett wouldnt have the balls to make that call. He would have kicked the FG

1 hour ago, Dallas94Ware said:

If you think that's the case, you'd be wrong. Numerous people around here. myself included had issues with Garrett playing it safe 90% time  You find something saying otherwise, I'll retract my comment. 

Edited by WizardHawk

6 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Thing is Jason Garrett wouldnt have the balls to make that call. He would have kicked the FG

You guys have revisionist history. Garrett had shown flashes of being a risk taker and going for it on 4th down plenty of times. The problem with him was he had no clue when to do so and when to kick the FG. When he did go for the FG, you never knew if he would go off and do something crazy, such as icing his own kicker. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

You guys have revisionist history. Garrett had shown flashes of being a risk taker and going for it on 4th down plenty of times. The problem with him was he had no clue when to do so and when to kick the FG. When he did go for the FG, you never knew if he would go off and do something crazy, such as icing his own kicker. 

Never said he didnt take risks. I said he wouldnt have the intestinal fortitude to make THAT call. 4th and 3? He would have kicked the FG.

10 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Don't care what anyone says, going for it instead of taking a FG was a good call. Don't run 2 yds when you need 3. Little things like that seem to be a bug for this team.  

WH it drives me nuts when players are not aware of down and distance.  It's been a pet peeve of mine for years.  In hindsight it was a good call.  Let's give some credit to the Rams safety who made a good play.