Derek Carr out 2-6 weeks

pwny

This team came into the season with playoff aspirations. A somewhat slow start to the season paired with this news has gotta put a serious damper on those chances. They’re gonna need the defense to really step up if they want to keep pace with Kansas City and Denver.

Wow. I feel terrible for Oakland. If he doesn't make it back before 3 weeks, I don't see them able to make the playoffs. They had problems even with him healthy. 

Lynch has been a bust (I don't know why no one else saw that coming). Their defense is atrocious and has taken a step back....And their divisions too strong to keep up.

poor Oakland. They could have seen their team in the Superbowl before they left for Vegas...now I doubt that happens.

Sidenote: Anyone else notice that Mariota and Carr have gotten hurt twice now in the exact same week two years in a row??

2 weeks, not a huge deal. They'd have some ground to make up, but I think that they could easily go 1-1 with games against Baltimore and the Chargers to be at 3-3. Out 6 weeks? I think their season is done. That's games against Balt and the Chargers, which I could see a split on, but then KC, a tougher than expected Buffalo team on the road (cross country early game) with a very good defense, NE and Miami. Do we really see them going 3-3 in that stretch? I can only see 2-4 at that point, which would already put them at 6 losses with games against Denver and KC remaining along with Dallas and Philly. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

2 weeks, not a huge deal. They'd have some ground to make up, but I think that they could easily go 1-1 with games against Baltimore and the Chargers to be at 3-3. Out 6 weeks? I think their season is done. That's games against Balt and the Chargers, which I could see a split on, but then KC, a tougher than expected Buffalo team on the road (cross country early game) with a very good defense, NE and Miami. Do we really see them going 3-3 in that stretch? I can only see 2-4 at that point, which would already put them at 6 losses with games against Denver and KC remaining along with Dallas and Philly. 

It's a fracture so it's gotta be way more.. At least a month if they rush him back. Where is the fracture? on his spine?

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

When they say out 2-6 weeks usually it's closer to 4 weeks it all depends on fast he heals.

7 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Their defense is atrocious and has taken a step back....

I agree with a lot of what you said except this. Our D isn't great by any means but it has taken a big step forward compared to last year. It was arguably playing better than our O.

Yeah well bad luck is nothing new to this franchise...

Anyway I think playoffs are still in the cards as long as it's 1-2 games. More than that and I don't think we're gonna do it.

Assuming one of Denver/KC takes a wildcard spot, I can see us beating out Jacksonville, Buffalo, and Baltimore for the other one. It's just gonna be almost impossible to win the division in the current state of things.

Archived