Derek Carr out 2-6 weeks

pwny

13 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I just read that Cam had this same injury during her car accident.. And he came back after 2 weeks... 

I had the same injury as Cam from a car accident and didn’t even know it happened. No pain or anything but they took X-rays to be sure and saw the fracture.

If this is indeed the same injury as Cam had it should be a non-factor long term

Best case scenario is if he does only miss two weeks, because the Ravens and Chargers back to back at home are definitely winnable without him. Even splitting that with Manuel and getting Carr back at 3-3 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

If he's out for anything longer things will start to look grim, with the Chiefs and Patriots on the schedule soon after. Both those games will be very tough even with Carr, and I'd say un-winnable without him.

If he misses 4 or more games, seasons over. But against Balt/LA i think we can win at least one of those games without Carr. 

I don't think we'll get the division at this point but 9-10 wins as the last wildcard I still think is a likely outcome. 

11 hours ago, El ramster said:

I just read that Cam had this same injury during her car accident.. And he came back after 2 weeks... 

Romo had it too but seemed to rush back too quickly. I'd expect Carr to start feeling better after about a week and a half and for him to go vs KC.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

If he misses 4 or more games, seasons over. But against Balt/LA i think we can win at least one of those games without Carr. 

I don't think we'll get the division at this point but 9-10 wins as the last wildcard I still think is a likely outcome. 

You’re not winning a single game with Ej Manuel. Hate to say it

11 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

You’re not winning a single game with Ej Manuel. Hate to say it

Manuel looked solid in pre season, looked better than Carr against Denver, and we are playing two average teams at home. 

Hoping for a split isn't unreasonable. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Pitiful narrative...

Do you understand what "narrative" means? 

In 2016, Carr produced a passer rating under pressure of 70.0, which ranked near middle of the pack among quarterbacks at 15th. This season Carr has produced a passer rating under pressure of just 26.5, which is the second-worst mark in the league. He's clearly struggling under pressure and he's rarely pushed the ball down the field. 

Archived