MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

10 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

For a QB MVP it's going to be about wins that becomes the deciding factor. I could see one or both of them NOT winning their division. I don't remember a wildcard team QB getting MVP.

Mahomes is the only one at this point that I am VERY sure (>80%) will win their division.

Manning got MVP in 2008 as a Wild Card throwing 27 TD and 12 INT. I think that season started the whole Manning MVP meme

• Like 1

7 hours ago, evilpimp972 said:

Wilson will face the nfc east (lol)

And the afc east (jets I see you)

It seems like this is his year. 

Allen is a nice story but he already making more mistakes while not scoring as much. And he's got a great oline.

You clearly don't watch our team much. Josh had 5 TDs yesterday–the most he's had this season. (3 in week 1 and 4 in week 2). 

And our oline is still a work in progress, I wouldn't call it great. We swapped guards with Winters coming in for Spain and Ford moved to LG this week. We will have Feliciano back which will potentially change things again.

I think Rodgers will get votes over Allen no matter what because of who he is. The media loves him. Strictly based on performance though, I think it's Russ, Josh and Rodgers in that order as of today. Mahomes needs a big game tonight to insert himself in the conversation and Jackson needs to keep doing what he's doing tonight against a good team. He's in the conversation already. 

8 hours ago, evilpimp972 said:

Allen is a nice story but he already making more mistakes while not scoring as much. And he's got a great oline.

12 total TDs for Allen to 14 total TDs for Russ thus far.  That's pretty close in terms of scoring.  And the fact Allen is still making mistakes while putting up these numbers should make you more optimistic about his MVP chances moving forward.  It shows he still has a lot of room for growth.  Compare that to Russ right now who is essentially playing flawless football.  The best he can do is maintain.  Its almost impossible for him to play any better. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VanS said:

12 total TDs for Allen to 14 total TDs for Russ thus far.  That's pretty close in terms of scoring.  And the fact Allen is still making mistakes while putting up these numbers should make you more optimistic about his MVP chances moving forward.  It shows he still has a lot of room for growth.  Compare that to Russ right now who is essentially playing flawless football.  The best he can do is maintain.  Its almost impossible for him to play any better. 

Do you expect Allen to throw 5 tds per game too? 

I know Wilson won't maintain that streak but I've seen him play at a high level for multiple season while Allen is more of a question mark. Honestly it's going to be hard for Josh freaking Allen to get to Wilson's level of 2019 to start off with lol

2 hours ago, evilpimp972 said:

Do you expect Allen to throw 5 tds per game too? 

I know Wilson won't maintain that streak but I've seen him play at a high level for multiple season while Allen is more of a question mark. Honestly it's going to be hard for Josh freaking Allen to get to Wilson's level of 2019 to start off with lol

Well Lamar Jackson was a question mark last year too and he beat out Wilson who slows down every year