MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

27 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Is that true...? Now I’m thinking we might see something like Rodgers - 46, Henry - 2, Mahomes - 1, Allen - 1. 

Brett Favre got a vote over Brady in 2007. Brady got a vote over Manning in 2013. Brees got 9 votes over Mahomes in 2018

The only unanimous MVPs were 2010 Brady and 2019 Jackson. Both threw 36 touchdowns passes and did not have 4,000 yard passing seasons. Both went 14-2 and one and done in the playoffs 

Edited by Nightime
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Nightime said:

Brett Favre got a vote over Brady in 2007. Brady got a vote over Manning in 2013. Brees got 9 votes over Mahomes in 2018

The only unanimous MVPs were 2010 Brady and 2019 Jackson. Both threw 36 touchdowns passes and did not have 4,000 yard passing seasons. Both went 14-2 and one and done in the playoffs 

This is a pretty cool website for MVP votes:

https://mvpvoting.wordpress.com/1981-1990/

Look at the mess that is 1986. Three Giants got an MVP vote including a TE who had 4 TDs  (and 1001 yards)

On 1/5/2021 at 9:33 PM, BayRaider said:

No, Rodgers season is going to go down as a Top 10, and possibly Top 5 QB season in the history of the sport. 

Off the top of my head, I don't think there is a strong argument for him this season to be better than

• Manning (13/06)
  • Brady (07)
  • Rodgers (11)
  • Marino (84)

However, looking at the numbers this is definitely an all-time great season but probably closer to top 10 than top 5.

Edited by ASmithFan1010

11 minutes ago, ASmithFan1010 said:

Off the top of my head, I don't think there is a strong argument for him this season to be better than

• Manning (13/06)
  • Brady (07)
  • Rodgers (11)
  • Marino (84)

However, looking at the numbers this is definitely an all-time great season but probably closer to top 10 than top 5.

I’d only rank ‘11 Rodgers, ‘04 Manning, and ‘07 Brady ahead of it. ‘13 Manning, ‘94 Young, ‘18 Mahomes, ‘89 Montana, and ‘84 Marino are all debatable, but I’d rank them behind ‘20 Rodgers. All close though.