MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

It's the worst when they're nationally televised games. People remember those a good bit longer, IMO. The rest they just know by statline.

This can't be overstated enough. It's unfortunate and unfair at times but that's just how it is. 

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Derek Carr has entered the chat....

Mahomes has left the chat....

😉

Carr is getting there but I don’t think he’s on this list just yet. I’d probably put him over Goff though which would give Ramster a heart attack. Raiders have had the toughest schedule in the NFL by far in 5 games whkle Rams have had by far the easiest in the NFL. 

Edited by BayRaider

On 10/7/2020 at 7:16 PM, NeptunePenguins said:

This is 2020 and 2020 is the year of the talent. Brady is the exception to the rule this year, but 2020 is the year of talent. Mahomes, Rodgers, and Wilson have more talent today than the QBs in the 2010s. In the 2010s only one elite QB had talent and that was Aaron Rodgers. Brady, and Brees had a little bit talent, but not all that much. Peyton Manning had no talent at all in the 2010s, but had a lot in his old stinky 2004 days. Yeah 2004 Manning could throw a football, but 2013 Manning threw 55 TDs without talent. 1990s QBs had a lot of talent just like today. Favre had talent, Marino had talent, Elway had talent, and Young had talent. Only Montana lacked talent somewhat, but he still had more talent than 2013 Manning and a little bit more than Brees. Each decade is a test to see if the dominant QBs have talent or not. Talent didn't matter much in the late 2000s, but these days the best QBs have talent. It is the 1990s all over again. 

You think Montana lacked talent? Smh

Montana was making throws on the run, off balance, like Mahomes was. No he didn’t have Mahomes arm strength but Joe’s accuracy from different platforms, deep ball accuracy, running ability, mechanics, and high football IQ made him one of the most talented quarterbacks to ever play.

He was a more talented quarterback than Jamarcus Russell, despite the fact that Russell was bigger and could throw harder

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Just when I thought Russ would get a chink in the armor, the Vikings blow it. 

Josh Allen needs to have a big game Tuesday to stay stride for stride with Russ. 

I mean it was a good comeback but Russ had 215 yards, 62% completion percentage and a 6.8 ypa. It was a great game but it’s wasn’t up to par to weeks 1-4 of Russ/Allen. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

I mean it was a good comeback but Russ had 215 yards, 62% completion percentage and a 6.8 ypa. It was a great game but it’s wasn’t up to par to weeks 1-4 of Russ/Allen. 

I'm pulling for Allen because I bet on him to win MVP and he's my FF QB, but the game winning drive, 4th down completions, and TD on last play of the game outweigh the mediocre stat line in the MVP discussion. Sadly, that's the way it is.

Excluding the 2015 beat down (38-7) Zimmer's Viking defenses have always frustrated Russ. Vikings did a good job playing keep away and limiting Russ's possessions.

Russ gets a Chandler Jones-less Cardinals after the BYE week. Should get back on track, although some really weird things have happened to the Seahawks in Arizona as of late. 

18 hours ago, Nightime said:

You think Montana lacked talent? Smh

Montana was making throws on the run, off balance, like Mahomes was. No he didn’t have Mahomes arm strength but Joe’s accuracy from different platforms, deep ball accuracy, running ability, mechanics, and high football IQ made him one of the most talented quarterbacks to ever play.

He was a more talented quarterback than Jamarcus Russell, despite the fact that Russell was bigger and could throw harder

I guess I was thinking of arm strength. He did have the best footwork of any QB I've ever seen and one of the prettiest spirals of any QB ever yes. The accuracy is there as well. I think physical talent can be a bit overrated at times yes. 

21 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm pulling for Allen because I bet on him to win MVP and he's my FF QB, but the game winning drive, 4th down completions, and TD on last play of the game outweigh the mediocre stat line in the MVP discussion. Sadly, that's the way it is.

Well Josh Allen has already had 2 game winning drives while putting up great stats... so by that logic Josh Allen should be the favorite so far.

I think as long as Allen puts up 2 or 3 TDs and about 250 yards he will stay with Wilson. If he has a big game tonight he may even surpass Russell.

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

Well Josh Allen has already had 2 game winning drives while putting up great stats... so by that logic Josh Allen should be the favorite so far.

I think as long as Allen puts up 2 or 3 TDs and about 250 yards he will stay with Wilson. If he has a big game tonight he may even surpass Russell.

I'm on the Josh Allen MVP train and I can't see him passing Wilson unless Wilson falters and he hasn't yet. The narrative has already been started with Wilson never getting a vote, Carrol handed over the offense to Wilson this year, yaddda. It's Wilson's to lose. So while Allen can keep pace, anything besides something historic won't matter.

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm on the Josh Allen MVP train and I can't see him passing Wilson unless Wilson falters and he hasn't yet. The narrative has already been started with Wilson never getting a vote, Carrol handed over the offense to Wilson this year, yaddda. It's Wilson's to lose. So while Allen can keep pace, anything besides something historic won't matter.

I honestly think that it might come down to record. If one of Rodgers, Wilson, or Allen's teams are say 14-2 or better while the others falter a bit I could see that being enough. Assuming that production from each remains relatively steady.