MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

45 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

bye bye josh

Mahomes had a bad game right behind him though and Brady had a meh game. Love me some Tannehil this week though, everyone always sleepin on that dude. He’s been terrific for the Titans since Day One, and was my #4 MVP guy last year on a short season. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Mahomes had a bad game right behind him though and Brady had a meh game. Love me some Tannehil this week though, everyone always sleepin on that dude. He’s been terrific for the Titans since Day One, and was my #4 MVP guy last year on a short season. 

Its Wilson and Rodgers, and then the field at this point

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Mahomes didn't have a bad game.

Though he's way behind Rodgers/Wilson anyway.

Updated MVP Rankings:

- Introducing Tiers, solely for this week only, to show to people the current gaps. The Tiers will be removed next week. Just want people to understand the current gaps. Do the tiers mean Wilson or Rodgers are a lock to win MVP? Of course not. It's super early. Someone even not on the list could still definitely win.

- Also for this week only all season, a 10.5 spot on the list. This spot will not be on future weeks. It is out of respect for the Former MVP last year, such as a defending crown perk I'd call it.

Tier One:

1. QB Russell Wilson (SEA) 123/169, 1502 yards, 19 TD's, 3 INT's, 8.9 YPA, 72.8% COMP, 23 Rushing Attempts, 153 yards. (5-0)

Last Week: 1. Spots Moved: Same.

Notes: Wilson remains supreme, after a comeback victory, and still overall the best production season.

2. QB Aaron Rodgers (GB) 98/139, 1,214 yards, 13 TD's, 0 INT's, 8.7 YPA, 70.5% COMP. (4-0)

Last Week: 2 Spots Moved: Same.

Notes: Rodgers has basically been flawless in almost every way so far this year.

Tier Two:

3. QB Josh Allen (BUF) 131/189, 1589 yards, 14 TD's, 3 INT's, 8.4 YPA, 69.3% COMP, 29 Rushing Attempts, 101 yards, 3 TD's. (4-1)

Last Week: 3. Spots Moved: Same.

Notes: Allen remains in the same spot as last week, but he really separated himself from Wilson and Rodgers, as all three men were neck to neck to neck prior to this week.

4. QB Patrick Mahomes (KC) 123/193, 1474 yards, 13 TD's, 1 INT, 7.6 YPA, 63.7% COMP, 24 Rushing Attempts, 129 yards, 2 TD's. (4-1)

Last Week: 4. Spots Moved: Same.

Notes: Mahomes is coming off a so-so game and a loss, he remains in this spot, but competition is closing in.

5. QB Ryan Tannehil (TENN) 91/132, 1004 yards, 10 TD's, 1 INT's, 7.6 YPA, 68.9% COMP. (4-0)

Last Week: 7. Spots Moved: Up Two.

Notes: Tannehil had a tremendous game, and helps keep his team undefeated. He is having another MVP caliber season like the year prior.

Tier Three:

6. QB Ben Roethlisberger (PIT) 100/143, 1016 yards, 10 TD's, 1 INT, 7.1 YPA, 69.9% COMP. (4-0)

Last Week: 9. Spots Moved: Up Three.

Notes: Make no mistake, Ben is the most important guy on this team, and he's having a great year and a huge reason the Steelers are undefeated. You might ask why is he in the third tier when his statline is similar to Tannehil and record is also the same, I just worry about his YPA dipping under the dreaded 7.0. Hopefully he can raise it.

7. QB Tom Brady (TB) 126/196, 1375 yards, 12 TD's, 4 INT's, 7.0 YPA, 64.3% COMP. (3-2)

Last Week: 5. Spots Moved: Down Two.

Notes: Brady drops a couple spots after a pretty average game and a 1 point loss. I'll cut him some slack since it was on a short week and he's still having a terrific season. However, he's gonna need to show up against Green Bay big time, or else he might disappear from this list entirely next week.

8. EDGE Myles Garrett (CLE) 13 Tackles, 6 Sacks, 3 Forced Fumbles. (4-1)

Last Week: 10. Spots Moved: Up Two.

Notes: You can give me slack for this one all you want, but the fact is Myles picked up another sack and is still on pace for 20 sacks. When you are on pace for 20 sacks, you are an MVP candidate, no questions asked. JJ Watt and Aaron Donald both finished Top 3 for me as MVP when they had their 20 sack years, and they did so for many other people as well. Garrett is a huge reason the Browns are 4-1.

9. RB Aaron Jones (GB) 65 Attempts, 374 yards, 5.8 YPC, 4 TD's, 15 REC, 135 yards, 2 TD's. (4-0)

Notes: I know I had a few question me on Aaron Jones, the fact is the guy is still on pace for over 2,000 scrimmage yards and 24 TD's with nearly a 6.0 YPC. Also on an undefeated team. I also didn't want to remove someone on a bye week. However, Jones will need a big week against Tampa Bay to stay on this list.

Last Week: 6 Spots Moved: Down Three.

10. QB Derek Carr (LV) 128/175, 1442 yards, 11 TD's, 1 INT, 8.2 YPA, 73.1% COMP. (3-2)

Last Week: N/A. Spots Moved: N/A.

Notes: The only new debut on the list. Mr. Derek Carr. He finally knocked off Mahomes and the Chiefs, and is also having quite the impressive season as well.

10.5. QB Lamar Jackson (BAL) 89/135, 949 yards, 9 TD's, 2 INT's, 7.0 YPA, 63.7% COMP, 41 Rushing Attempts, 238 yards, 1 TD. (4-1)

Last Week: 8. Spots Moved: Down Two.

Notes: #10 I debated for about an hour but decided to give the nod to Carr, but still showing some love to Jackson here. He's had 3 so-so games in a row and I do feel he needs one of those monster games to keep up with people on this list. Will it come against the Eagles? We'll find out.

See you next week folks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Using the '"on pace" argument for starters. 

So I won’t use that phrasing, 6 sacks in 5 games is about what JJ and Donald had in their seasons and were also in MVP discussions. I see you are Anti-Defensive MVP but the fact is Watt and Donald were Runner-Ups and deservedly so. You can even make an argument Garrett should be higher on this list. 

Let me guess, you didn’t even have Donald and Watt in MVP talks until the final few weeks? Which would be a great injustice. 

37 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

8. EDGE Myles Garrett (CLE) 13 Tackles, 6 Sacks, 3 Forced Fumbles. (4-1)

Last Week: 10. Spots Moved: Up Two.

Notes: You can give me slack for this one all you want, but the fact is Myles picked up another sack and is still on pace for 20 sacks. When you are on pace for 20 sacks, you are an MVP candidate, no questions asked. JJ Watt and Aaron Donald both finished Top 3 for me as MVP when they had their 20 sack years, and they did so for many other people as well. Garrett is a huge reason the Browns are 4-1.

So....where is Aaron Donald, then? Is it only if you're on pace for 20 sacks exactly? Is Donald just too overqualified, being on pace for 24 sacks?

51 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

So....where is Aaron Donald, then? Is it only if you're on pace for 20 sacks exactly? Is Donald just too overqualified, being on pace for 24 sacks?

I can't take anything seriously that has played the NFCE in 4 outta 5 games. But I'm sure Donald will be on next week with another good game. Same issue with Goff. Although even without the easiest schedule in the first 5 games in NFL History, Goff is still behind Carr and Jackson for me, although it's pretty close.

At the end of the day this is an Opinion list that no one has to choose to subscribe to. It does not say Official FF list in the title for that reason, otherwise there’d be votes. 

I will be working on an Official FF 1-32 QB list soon though, that everyone will vote on. It will be Tournament Style with seedings, 5 Rounds. Should be fun. 

Edited by BayRaider