MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

9 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

2011 was the year everyone was passing for a crazy amount because of the lockout shortened offseason. That year, at the time, had like 3 or 4 of the top 10 all time passing seasons. It may have been before a pass friendly rule change or two, but it was still one of the most QB-friendly years in NFL history.

The season was unique for other reasons also.  2011 was the peak year for Packers and Saints offenses.  Saints had almost no injuries on offense most of the year.  Eli Manning was in his prime and had a good group around him as well, that won the superbowl. Stafford had prime Calvin Johnson.  The only other QB over 4500 yards was Rivers, who had just thrown for 4700 in 2010.  Also, Packers, Patriots, Lions were all 2,3,4 ranked in takeaways, and Giants were top 10.

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

It'd be a lot easier to tell you if PFR didn't put up a pay wall this year. W/L of 300 yard passing games?

You count this up and tell me: https://www.footballdb.com/stats/300-yard-passing.html

Is it 28-23-1? 53.8% wins? That's what I got on a quick count, but not going to bother to double check. It's clearly not a strong correlation coefficient.

I would actually LOVE to compare that to games where a team threw under 200 yards (which I'd bet would be a better win %), but too cheap to tell you

https://stathead.com/football/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=game&order_by_asc=0&order_by=pass_yds&year_min=2020&year_max=2020&game_type=R&ccomp[1]=lt&cval[1]=200&cstat[1]=pass_yds&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&temperature_gtlt=lt

Edit:

@Bearerofnews, just to show you how seriously I take data to back up a point, I found another site to query stats (which doesn't have the current season). http://footballqueries.com/TeamGameSearch.aspx

For 2019, teams that passed for >300 yards went 68-67-2. Teams that passed for <=200 yards went 67-66-0.

So... yea, I certify the take that passing yards do not correlate with wins in the current NFL. You could report the number of prime jersey numbers on a team and find just as strong a correlation with wins.

So i subscribed to stathead and the number is 

304 wins 127 loss and 3 ties when throwing 300 plus yds and 0 ints. Since 2010.

https://stathead.com/tiny/tfTe5

I'm to lazy to put in excel and sum all wins. But based on my count that was the numbers. 

I'm going to check for </= 200 with 0 ints. I'll get the final count shortly.

https://stathead.com/tiny/yMrOB

Edited by Bearerofnews

1. Wilson
  2. Rodgers
  3. Brady
  4. Mahomes
  5. Tannehill
  6. Lamar

Allen and Kyler are names I will just mention. They do not deserve any MVP consideration at this point in time, but there's a lot of season left to improve their numbers and their teams have good records.

Carr is another one, great numbers, but subpar record at the moment. They could be a playoff team still, they've played a tough schedule. Hard time seeing Raiders win more than 10 games though and an MVP won't go to a 10 win team this year, in what looks to be competitive race.

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:
  1. Wilson
  2. Rodgers
  3. Brady
  4. Mahomes
  5. Tannehill
  6. Lamar

Allen and Kyler are names I will just mention. They do not deserve any MVP consideration at this point in time, but there's a lot of season left to improve their numbers and their teams have good records.

Carr is another one, great numbers, but subpar record at the moment. They could be a playoff team still, they've played a tough schedule. Hard time seeing Raiders win more than 10 games though and an MVP won't go to a 10 win team this year, in what looks to be competitive race.

How can you say Kyler deserves NO consideration at this time?

25 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:
  1. Wilson
  2. Rodgers
  3. Brady
  4. Mahomes
  5. Tannehill
  6. Lamar

I really don't think Lamar deserves a spot in the conversation right now, at all. He's not even top 10, IMO.