MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

First Page Updated. (And previous page with Mid-Season Rankings and Card Images)

Notes:

- Wilson is Mid-Season MVP, although Mahomes isn't far off, and I'd still say 1-5 in general are pretty close. Wilson is on pace to surpass Manning's 55 TD's, and 26 TD's through Week 7 is extremely impressive. He's also holding onto an impressive 8.4 YPA. While Mahomes has been ridiculous efficient posting a 21-1 TD-INT Ratio, 8.2 YPA, 7-1 Team Record, and overall impressive season. Rodgers, Brady, and Tannehil also not far behind at all.

- Lamar Jackson is not on the list for the first time this season. Although I think he's had a better season than people think, and he's only a great game, or a string of a couple good games from getting back on.

- Drew Brees is having a very underrated season, and a high-level season as always. Yes, he does have a throw here and there where he loses velocity. You know who also had that problem on a throw here and there? 2013 Peyton Manning. Brees is having a very impressive season, gutting out wins, ridiculous 73% completion percentage while maintaining a Mid 7 YPA, and a 13-3 TD-INT Ratio. Brees is doing his thing as always.

- Kyler Murray debuts on the list for the first time. Having a solid year and a true dual threat like Lamar last year. He needs to clean up the turnovers a bit, and keep winning football games, but he's having a solid year.

Edited by BayRaider

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

First Page Updated. (And previous page with Mid-Season Rankings and Card Images)

Notes:

- Wilson is Mid-Season MVP, although Mahomes isn't far off, and I'd still say 1-5 in general are pretty close. Wilson is on pace to surpass Manning's 55 TD's, and 26 TD's through Week 7 is extremely impressive. He's also holding onto an impressive 8.4 YPA. While Mahomes has been ridiculous efficient posting a 21-1 TD-INT Ratio, 8.2 YPA, 7-1 Team Record, and overall impressive season. Rodgers, Brady, and Tannehil also not far behind at all.

- Lamar Jackson is not on the list for the first time this season. Although I think he's had a better season than people think, and he's only a great game, or a string of a couple good games from getting back on.

- Drew Brees is having a very underrated season, and a high-level season as always. Yes, he does have a throw here and there where he loses velocity. You know who also had that problem on a throw here and there? 2013 Peyton Manning. Brees is having a very impressive season, gutting out wins, ridiculous 73% completion percentage while maintaining a Mid 7 YPA, and a 13-3 TD-INT Ratio. Brees is doing his thing as always.

- Kyler Murray debuts on the list for the first time. Having a solid year and a true dual threat like Lamar last year. He needs to clean up the turnovers a bit, and keep winning football games, but he's having a solid year.

I don't think Drew is having a better season than Kamara tbh. Dumpoff passes are not that impressive.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

I don't think Drew is having a better season than Kamara tbh. Dumpoff passes are not that impressive.

I don't think any RB should be on the list at the moment. And if I did have to pick one, it would probably be Henry.

Brees is getting the job done, getting that team wins, and being super efficient. MVP mostly being an efficiently award, unless you have a record-breaking level season.

Edited by BayRaider

6 hours ago, evilpimp972 said:

I’d give team MVP to Kamara, but he’s right, Brees is having an underrated season so far.  Dump offs aren’t the whole story, he’s made some great throws and led some great drives when we’ve needed it the most, and this is without Thomas. Sanders and Callaway also missing time.  

His worst game was the Bucs game though, which doesn’t give me confidence for this weekend.  If we get dominated up front, we might get blown out.

I don't see how Mahomes is second. Leads the league in dropped INTs, at least 5 of his "passing" TDs were just forward hand-offs, and even then his numbers are bouyed up by one big game against the Jets. Wilson/Brady/Rodgers have all played better than him this year. I'd even put Kamara and maybe Tannehill in front of him.

(Also Brady has 2 rushing TDs which should be listed on  his stats).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

I don't see how Mahomes is second. Leads the league in dropped INTs, at least 5 of his "passing" TDs were just forward hand-offs, and even then his numbers are bouyed up by one big game against the Jets. Wilson/Brady/Rodgers have all played better than him this year. I'd even put Kamara and maybe Tannehill in front of him.

So he gets penalized for leading the league in dropped INTs (LOL) but Brady having thrown 2 ACTUAL pick 6s is alright? 
That's a general bad take. Mahomes is playing way better than Tannehill or Rodgers. Kamara isn't even the best RB in football right now (forgot D. Henry?).
Wilson is ahead and Mahomes is rightfully 2nd

2 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Time to dispel a few narratives. 

No one has ever lost MVP because of “dropped interceptions.” I’m sure some have lost it because of dropped touchdowns or touchdowns called back by penalty, of which Mahomes has 4. Neither counts in the MVP race. NFL is about “is” not “if”

The Jets defense is bad, but it’s actually a better pass defense than the Vikings and Falcons. It’s not like Wilson has been playing a super tough schedule, he’s only played 2 winning teams all year (one was a loss where he threw 3 picks)

The Vikings 30th ranked pass defense humbled Rodgers and slowed Wilson, while the Jets 29th rated pass defense was obliterated by Mahomes. NFL football ain’t easy

Mahomes is on pace for a season of 42TD, 2INT, 4600 yards, and 4 rushing touchdowns. The only way that doesn’t win MVP is if Wilson meets his current pace of 59TD, 14INT, and 5000 yards with the leagues worst defense

Also Tannehill had like 5 dropped interceptions against the Steelers. And he lost to the Bengals (and threw a real pick). Mahomes would have Tennessee undefeated 

Edited by Nightime
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Nightime said:

Time to dispel a few narratives. 

No one has ever lost MVP because of “dropped interceptions.” I’m sure some have lost it because of dropped touchdowns or touchdowns called back by penalty, of which Mahomes has 4. Neither counts in the MVP race. NFL is about “is” not “if”

The Jets defense is bad, but it’s actually a better pass defense than the Vikings and Falcons. It’s not like Wilson has been playing a super tough schedule, he’s only played 2 winning teams all year (one was a loss where he threw 3 picks)

The Vikings 30th ranked pass defense humbled Rodgers and slowed Wilson, while the Jets 29th rated pass defense was obliterated by Mahomes. NFL football ain’t easy

Mahomes is on pace for a season of 42TD, 2INT, 4600 yards, and 4 rushing touchdowns. The only way that doesn’t win MVP is if Wilson meets his current pace of 59TD, 14INT, and 5000 yards with the leagues worst defense

Also Tannehill had like 5 dropped interceptions against the Steelers. And he lost to the Bengals (and threw a real pick). Mahomes would have Tennessee undefeated 

Likely true, but I thought we were having a discussion about who was playing the best football. Mahomes is not playing the best football. 7 interceptable balls dropped is a good argument for that.

4 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Going down this road is a slippery slope. And I assure you no real MVP voter isn’t gonna take it into account. 

• Like 1

At the moment it's Wilson, then Mahomes and then there's no serious conversation yet to be had for anyone else. Rodgers has had two pretty bad marks against him and is seemingly overly reliant on one star receiver, and as for Brady I just have to say lol. That said the last 8 weeks are probably about 90% more important to voters than the first 8.

40 minutes ago, rich homie said:

At the moment it's Wilson, then Mahomes and then there's no serious conversation yet to be had for anyone else. Rodgers has had two pretty bad marks against him and is seemingly overly reliant on one star receiver, and as for Brady I just have to say lol. That said the last 8 weeks are probably about 90% more important to voters than the first 8.

Where is the second bad mark for Rodgers? The Tampa game was dreadful but despite the loss to the Vikings this past weekend he still threw for nearly 300 yards with 3 TDs. 20 TDs on the season to 8 different receivers. Missing his 2nd WR since week 3. He's still very much in the race with Wilson still being the clear favorite.