MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

6 hours ago, Nightime said:

Time to dispel a few narratives. 

The Vikings 30th ranked pass defense humbled Rodgers and slowed Wilson, while the Jets 29th rated pass defense was obliterated by Mahomes. NFL football ain’t easy

It sounds like you're making up a narrative. The Packers defense couldn't stop a parked car, and the 40 mph winds plus missing 2 of top 3 pass catchers (Lazard, Aaron Jones) slowed the offense down more than anything, and Rodgers still had a good game overall.

List Updated.

Notes:

- Wilson's perfect MVP season of #1 all year has come to an end, no longer unanimous.

- Wilson is only centimeters behind Mahomes, and this could easily flip with Mahomes on a bye. So you hardcore Wilson fans, hold your horses.

- Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers are all very, very close with one another.

- I gave Mahomes the #1 spot because he is having one of the most efficient 1st half of the season's in history. 25-1 TD-INT Ratio, while still claiming a great 8.2 YPA, and a high completion %. Mahomes is balling. Mahomes is on pace for a 46-2 TD-INT Ratio, Wilson, 52-16, and Rodgers 48-4, and all with a YPA 8.0 or higher. It's likely none of them will hit those numbers, but those would be three of the best QB seasons of all time, and out of those three, Mahomes would be the most impressive.

- I don't get the Brees hate, he's been pushing the ball down the field multiple games in a row, has looked very sharp, 12 different receivers against the Bucs, having an all-time efficient season, and on pace to break the completion percentage record... again.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

- I don't get the Brees hate, he's been pushing the ball down the field multiple games in a row, has looked very sharp, 12 different receivers against the Bucs, having an all-time efficient season, and on pace to break the completion percentage record... again.

Its because he looked really bad the first few weeks of the season. He's been playing much better since then, but the narrative has stuck.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Its because he looked really bad the first few weeks of the season. He's been playing much better since then, but the narrative has stuck.

Exactly. Narratives stick from early in the season, but I don't listen to the media. Media is useless in every category from sports and onwards.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Starless said:

I get that his team is 3-5 but why is Dalvin Cook not mentioned? He's on track for the most RRTD since LaDainian Tomlinson in 2006, and is the reason the Vikings still have a fighting chance to make the playoffs. 

Well, for one, he's shown that he could get hurt.  Total bust.

• Like 3

On 11/9/2020 at 4:06 PM, BayRaider said:

List Updated.

Notes:

- Wilson's perfect MVP season of #1 all year has come to an end, no longer unanimous.

- Wilson is only centimeters behind Mahomes, and this could easily flip with Mahomes on a bye. So you hardcore Wilson fans, hold your horses.

- Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers are all very, very close with one another.

- I gave Mahomes the #1 spot because he is having one of the most efficient 1st half of the season's in history. 25-1 TD-INT Ratio, while still claiming a great 8.2 YPA, and a high completion %. Mahomes is balling. Mahomes is on pace for a 46-2 TD-INT Ratio, Wilson, 52-16, and Rodgers 48-4, and all with a YPA 8.0 or higher. It's likely none of them will hit those numbers, but those would be three of the best QB seasons of all time, and out of those three, Mahomes would be the most impressive.

This reads exactly like all the Nate Silver articles I was reading all last week.  🤣  It's good stuff, thank you.

• Like 2