MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Don't really see Carr at all, it's all about the OL & run game dominance that sets up the pass there, not the other way around.   The other 5 guys make the ppl around them better as the primary weapon.

Carr has been without three of his 5 starting OL the past few weeks and without receiving targets the others. He's a big reason in why that offense goes. 

• Like 1

It's gonna be Mahomes unless something drastic happens. 

The only other player that's had a universally positive impact on his team throughout the season has been Dalvin Cook. And there's no way a RB wins it in a season where there are multiple standout QB performances. Rodgers has been amazing, but Mahomes' numbers are even better, and if he balls out against the Bucs, people are gonna compare their respective performances and conclude that Mahomes is the better player.

Edited by Starless

Don't see Murray being MVP, he's no where near where Mahomes, Rodgers and Wilson is playing. Maybe next year.

Wilson could have a good 7 week stretch and walk away with it easily, Mahomes feels like a dark horse haven't heard anywhere from anyone "oh hes no.1 for mvp" aside from here and Rodgers is getting all that hype cus everyone in any news outlet called him washed and said the Packers were going 5-11. 

Like I said in the thread, its a media award, how many times did Peyton win the award despite not deserving it? I count 08 and 09.

Edited by Drained

45 minutes ago, Drained said:

Don't see Murray being MVP, he's no where near where Mahomes, Rodgers and Wilson is playing. Maybe next year.

Wilson could have a good 7 week stretch and walk away with it easily, Mahomes feels like a dark horse haven't heard anywhere from anyone "oh hes no.1 for mvp" aside from here and Rodgers is getting all that hype cus everyone in any news outlet called him washed and said the Packers were going 5-11. 

Like I said in the thread, its a media award, how many times did Peyton win the award despite not deserving it? I count 08 and 09.

?

Kyler Murray: 27 total TDs (17 passing, 10 rushing), 10 total TOs (8 INTs, 2 FLs), 2979 total yards (2375 passing, 604 rushing)

Russell Wilson: 29 total TDs (28 passing, 1 rushing), 13 total TOs, (10 INTs, 3 FLs), 3114 total yards (2789 passing, 324 rushing)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Drained said:

Yet despite that the media was still saying hes the clear MVP until last night he lost against a good Rams team. Media award.

You said, "One bad game isn't going to dethrone that." You're right, but late. One bad game didn't dethrone that. Three bad games now clearly has. MVP chatter has shifted completely away from Wilson. Mahomes and Rodgers are now favored, with Murray starting to get some talk as well.

And you're right, it's a media reward. Do a Youtube search for Russell Wilson right now, and all you'll see is the fact that every Sports radio show or debate show or talk so had a segment about how Wilson is falling back to earth right now. The media has turned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClutchDJ said:

?

Kyler Murray: 27 total TDs (17 passing, 10 rushing), 10 total TOs (8 INTs, 2 FLs), 2979 total yards (2375 passing, 604 rushing)

Russell Wilson: 29 total TDs (28 passing, 1 rushing), 13 total TOs, (10 INTs, 3 FLs), 3114 total yards (2789 passing, 324 rushing)

I think he meant that Murray is nowhere near those guys as a passer (and he's right)

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

And you're right, it's a media reward. Do a Youtube search for Russell Wilson right now, and all you'll see is the fact that every Sports radio show or debate show or talk so had a segment about how Wilson is falling back to earth right now. The media has turned.

"Pfffft, the Oscars!? What kind of award is the Oscar? I mean who votes for that crap, some sort of...academy of motion picture arts and sciences? Gimme a break"

18 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

You said, "One bad game isn't going to dethrone that." You're right, but late. One bad game didn't dethrone that. Three bad games now clearly has. MVP chatter has shifted completely away from Wilson. Mahomes and Rodgers are now favored, with Murray starting to get some talk as well.

I literally said he lost it last night but one more good game could put him back up. It's still very much possible.