Jump to content
BayRaider

MVP Watch Version 12.0 (Front Page Update Every Week)

Recommended Posts

You guys are sleeping on the great Mitch Trubwinsky. 3TD, 0 INT, 100+ rating and a 4th quarter GW drive and then forced a GW drop with his charisma. Baller!

Edited by evilflamingo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, evilflamingo said:

You guys are sleeping on the great Mitch Trubwinsky. 3TD, 0 INT, 100+ rating and a 4th quarter GW drive and then forced a GW drop with his charisma. Baller!

Would be #11. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Too early to say that. His accuracy is still not good by any means. Not hard to have a good completion percentage when your average pass attempt is 6 yards. 

People talk down his accuracy. He’s been more accurate than Cam Newton through his career...and yet I never heard the Cam Newton’s a bust argument like this. People were wrong...plain and simply. He’s already been too good to be a bust, so just eat your crow and move on with your life (not you...but a more generalizable “you”).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

People talk down his accuracy. He’s been more accurate than Cam Newton through his career...and yet I never heard the Cam Newton’s a bust argument like this. People were wrong...plain and simply. He’s already been too good to be a bust, so just eat your crow and move on with your life (not you...but a more generalizable “you”).

He hasn’t been as accurate as Newton yet for a full season. Newton hovered around 59.5%. Plus Newton was way more of a rushing threat than Allen and was an MVP. The bust argument is not closed on Allen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He hasn’t been as accurate as Newton yet for a full season. Newton hovered around 59.5%. Plus Newton was way more of a rushing threat than Allen and was an MVP. The bust argument is not closed on Allen. 

You’re right...I was clearly not looking at the stats correctly. Allen was horribly inaccurate his first season but he was right below Cam’s CAREER average last year. I’d be pretty surprised in his third season that he doesn’t meet Cams career average. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

You’re right...I was clearly not looking at the stats correctly. Allen was horribly inaccurate his first season but he was right below Cam’s CAREER average last year. I’d be pretty surprised in his third season that he doesn’t meet Cams career average. 

Plus Cam (pre injury) didn’t just wildly miss like Allen does. Allen straight up does have a game every now and then where he just keeps missing guys wide open, we are talking JaMarcus/Tebow level throws. Look at the Houston playoff game, he was missing guys BAD. Straight up airballs and wild misses constantly. Josh Allen is why the Bills lost that game, and not because of some bone headed mistakes, because he was horrendous and didn’t look like an NFL QB what so ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

It was not a fantastic outing but it was definitely closer to a fantastic outing than up and down IMO but we can agree to disagree. 

At the end of the day he had almost 400 total yards, 3 TDs no INTs and 72% completion percentage. Also won convincingly.  

I don't want to make it seem like I think he's an elite QB right now and going to be the MVP but i think most bills fans are just triggered by people that don't watch him or bills games act like he's trash. 

This is the second post where you seem to ignore his lost fumbles while giving credit for everything else. You did it above with his 24/2 ratio that was 24/6 when including lost fumbles. Still impressive but not including it just makes it look disingenuous. Same here, he turned the ball over twice and thus killed two possessions. The manner in how he did it, be it interceptions or fumbles lost is irrelevant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

This is what's wrong with the anti josh allen club imo. Its a bunch of people who want to die on the hill that he's not good just because they made fun of him as a draft prospect. It's ok that alot of people were wrong on Josh Allen pre draft. NFL Twitter cherry picks his one bad throw of the game and tries to discredit his first 300 yard game, 72% completion percentage, 3 total TDs, almost 400 total yards and being in complete control of the game.

He's a gamer and every year he is getting better and better. 

Josh Allens last 11 games : 24 Total TDs (17 passing, 7 rushing), 2 INTs

EDIT : I don't think he's an MVP candidate but he has the play making ability to be in the conversation if the bills keep winning and he improves his completion percentage.

I very much agree with this. Ravens fans experience the same thing with Lamar. 

Would Bills fans like to see more consistency from Allen? I bet they would. Does he miss throws he should have made - hell yeah, and he also doesn't see open receivers. Thats the same thing as a lot of other QB's. With Allen you get some completions most other QB's would not have made, and you get the mobility as well. Somehow people think of the running QB's as a detriment to their ability due to the idea, that traditional pocket passing is what makes a QB a good QB. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ninersfan1984 said:

They really just need to change it to best QB award since mostly QB’s win the award

Or just get rid of it and have OPOY and DPOY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

This is the second post where you seem to ignore his lost fumbles while giving credit for everything else. You did it above with his 24/2 ratio that was 24/6 when including lost fumbles. Still impressive but not including it just makes it look disingenuous. Same here, he turned the ball over twice and thus killed two possessions. The manner in how he did it, be it interceptions or fumbles lost is irrelevant. 

I agree and I mainly did that because Allen gets a bunch of s*** on here about his accuracy/decision making/passing ability and he's only thrown 2 INTs dating back to like week 5 of last year. He def needs to get that completion percentage up this year but some posters acting like he's tossing 1-2 picks a game when it's been 2 picks in 12 games. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Danand said:

I very much agree with this. Ravens fans experience the same thing with Lamar. 

Would Bills fans like to see more consistency from Allen? I bet they would. Does he miss throws he should have made - hell yeah, and he also doesn't see open receivers. Thats the same thing as a lot of other QB's. With Allen you get some completions most other QB's would not have made, and you get the mobility as well. Somehow people think of the running QB's as a detriment to their ability due to the idea, that traditional pocket passing is what makes a QB a good QB. 

Exactly, Allen makes some plays that not a whole lot of other QBs have the ability or athleticism to make. Whether that's with his arm or his legs but people only want to look at the couple bad plays to paint the picture how they see fit. It's somewhere in the middle IMO, he's not MVP caliber but he's also not as bad as some people make him out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

I agree and I mainly did that because Allen gets a bunch of s*** on here about his accuracy/decision making/passing ability and he's only thrown 2 INTs dating back to like week 5 of last year. He def needs to get that completion percentage up this year but some posters acting like he's tossing 1-2 picks a game when it's been 2 picks in 12 games. 

I don't think he's exactly good. But he's not horrible either. He's kind of like a Ryan Tannehill or Andy Dalton-type 11-16 level QB. He's going to start a long time, gonna be a solid contribution to the team. He's not going to lose you games, but I don't think he's going to win them with clutch moments either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I don't think he's exactly good. But he's not horrible either. He's kind of like a Ryan Tannehill or Andy Dalton-type 11-16 level QB. He's going to start a long time, gonna be a solid contribution to the team. He's not going to lose you games, but I don't think he's going to win them with clutch moments either.

He led the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks last season so he's def good in the clutch moments but i get what you're saying. I think he has more play maker in him than a Tannehill or Dalton type player but how he progresses this season will tell us a lot regarding his floor and ceiling.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...