MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

Well Lamar Jackson was a question mark last year too and he beat out Wilson who slows down every year 

You mean last year? Where does this narrative comes from ? 

Last year he lost his most reliable weapon Dissly then his running backs ... the offense was putrid down the stretch. The year before he was consistent. 

12 hours ago, evilpimp972 said:

Do you expect Allen to throw 5 tds per game too? 

I know Wilson won't maintain that streak but I've seen him play at a high level for multiple season while Allen is more of a question mark. Honestly it's going to be hard for Josh freaking Allen to get to Wilson's level of 2019 to start off with lol

Did you say the same thing about Lamar in 2019?  Young QBs coming outta nowhere to win MVP has been par for the course lately.  If Lamar and Mahomes can come outta nowhere to win the last 2 MVP awards, why not Josh Allen? 

I think the fact Allen is throwing 4 TDs a game while still missing guys bolsters his chances to win the award moving forward.  It means he's still not played a clean game.  Which means he's still got a ways to go before he reaches his ceiling.  This isn't a Ryan Fitzpatrick early 2018 situation where he's playing  flawless ball way above his talent level.  Josh Allen is playing like he always does.  A few breath-taking plays followed by a bone-headed one.  The talent around him has just improved which is why his stats have exploded.  Once he gets these few flaws out of his game, he will be unstoppable. 

9 hours ago, GamedayGuru said:

Kamaras gotta be in the top 10 mvp race right? He’s on pace for 2350 yards 32 touchdowns. 

Considering how the Saints always improve as the season goes on, I could see him stealing the award by the end of the year if Allen and Russ slow down and start losing games while the Saints finish 13-3 and the #1 seed in the NFC.

He's been spectacular this year.  Looks like he did as a rookie (when he was unbelievable). 

48 minutes ago, VanS said:

Did you say the same thing about Lamar in 2019?  Young QBs coming outta nowhere to win MVP has been par for the course lately.  If Lamar and Mahomes can come outta nowhere to win the last 2 MVP awards, why not Josh Allen? 

I think the fact Allen is throwing 4 TDs a game while still missing guys bolsters his chances to win the award moving forward.  It means he's still not played a clean game.  Which means he's still got a ways to go before he reaches his ceiling.  This isn't a Ryan Fitzpatrick early 2018 situation where he's playing  flawless ball way above his talent level.  Josh Allen is playing like he always does.  A few breath-taking plays followed by a bone-headed one.  The talent around him has just improved which is why his stats have exploded.  Once he gets these few flaws out of his game, he will be unstoppable. 

You're using two qbs that have nothing to do with Josh Allen to prove a point. 

I rather use Wilson entire body of work tbh. And he has been a 35 - 7 qb without many weapons before. Those are mvp numbers.

Whats more likely? Allen doing something he hasnt done before or Wilson improving by like 3 tds maybe?

Anyway I love Allen and I hope this bills team can do some damage. We'll see who can keep it up, Rodgers is up there too and be careful of Mahomeboy...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

*Pat Mahomes has entered the chat*

It's officially a two horse race, with Mahomes in the lead now. That was a signature win if I've ever seen one.

This may sound bitter and salty from a fan of the team he just demolished, but I don't even think Mahomes was that special last night. Nearly every throw he had was to a wide open guy within 5-10 yards of the LoS and they just got YAC after YAC after YAC, because that's what the Chiefs do. The couple of impressive plays I saw was him dodging the Bowser sack and the throw to Tyreek.

Patrick Mahomes Week 3 Pass Chart

I still think it's Wilson and then everyone else, with Mahomes and Allen as distant 2a and 2b.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

15 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This may sound bitter and salty from a fan of the team he just demolished, but I don't even think Mahomes was that special last night. Nearly every throw he had was to a wide open guy within 5-10 yards of the LoS and they just got YAC after YAC after YAC, because that's what the Chiefs do. The couple of impressive plays I saw was him dodging the Bowser sack and the throw to Tyreek.

Patrick Mahomes Week 3 Pass Chart

I still think it's Wilson and then everyone else, with Mahomes and Allen as distant 2a and 2b.

From looking at that viz, nearly a third (9) of his completed passes were 10+ yards, along with 40% of his scores. Given that the other two scores were throws to a FB and OT, I'd surmise those really didn't need to be beyond 5 yards...

Mahomes took what a very stingy defense gave him, and then took a lot that said defense wouldn't give him. This wasn't throwing on the Jets or Falcons, this was against a legit SB contender defense. Style points shouldn't matter in a contest between the two best teams in football, but Mahomes was stylish in this one.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

From looking at that viz, nearly a third (9) of his completed passes were 10+ yards, along with 40% of his scores. Given that the other two scores were throws to a FB and OT, I'd surmise those really didn't need to be beyond 5 yards...

Mahomes took what a very stingy defense gave him, and then took a lot that said defense wouldn't give him. This wasn't throwing on the Jets or Falcons, this was against a legit SB contender defense. Style points shouldn't matter in a contest between the two best teams in football, but Mahomes was stylish in this one.

That's kind of what I'm saying - but we didn't "not give him" anything. EVERYTHING was wide open. Every throw. The only throw that I even recall being contested was the Tyreek TD catch, which was a phenomenal throw and catch. Reid completely outschemed the Ravens last night on every single level, because everyone was just wide open. Didn't matter if it was a FB, RB, TE, or WR - they were all just planted wide open the entire game.

That's the only reason why I said particularly last night what Mahomes did didn't make me go "Wow he's now an MVP front runner!", because IMHO most NFL QB's could've done 90% of what he did because of how wide open everyone was the entire night. It was just pathetic to watch that defense and that secondary look so completely outmatched.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Reid completely outschemed the Ravens last night on every single level, because everyone was just wide open. Didn't matter if it was a FB, RB, TE, or WR - they were all just planted wide open the entire game.

*Shrug

That sort of goes with the territory. Find me an MVP who won in spite of coaching - I doubt you'd find it. I get what you're saying, but behind every MVP is a coaching staff that puts the time and effort into creating a great gameplan and getting their MVP candidate in the discussion.

• Like 1