MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

On 9/23/2020 at 10:03 AM, BStanRamFan said:

The NFL is turning into the NBA when it comes to this award and becomes about the narrative. Russ never received a MVP vote before so that will get brought up EVERY week and on primetime games until its fulfilled.

Right now, the way he's playing, he deserves it. But if he begins to slip or the team doesn't win the division, they will still push that narrative to get him the trophy.

I have it as :

Wilson

Allen

Kyler

They have pushed a similar narrative for Brees and it has not helped.

The award will be based on what happens on the field, like every year.

Wilson

Jackson

Allen

Rodgers

Ridley

Also, the best player wins the MVP in the NBA almost every year. LeBron has not been the best statistical player lately no matter how hard people pretend he is.

I'd make him the All Decade MVP but that's not how you win yearly awards.

You want to talk about the abomination that was the NHL 2018 MVP and I am all ears.

Edited by SkippyX

On 9/25/2020 at 9:59 PM, SkippyX said:

They have pushed a similar narrative for Brees and it has not helped.

The award will be based on what happens on the field, like every year.

Wilson

Jackson

Allen

Rodgers

Ridley

Also, the best player wins the MVP in the NBA almost every year. LeBron has not been the best statistical player lately no matter how hard people pretend he is.

I'd make him the All Decade MVP but that's not how you win yearly awards.

You want to talk about the abomination that was the NHL 2018 MVP and I am all ears.

You've managed to shat on my MVP rant, disgrace LeBron James, and diminish Taylor Hall all in one post. You're officially my enemy. 

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

You've managed to shat on my MVP rant, disgrace LeBron James, and diminish Taylor Hall all in one post. You're officially my enemy. 

LeBron is working his way up to #2 all time (with an outside shot at #1) and may be about to get ring #4 in finals #10

It's not possible to disgrace him. (the only conversation is his place compared to Jordan)

As to NHL 2018: Hall had a very good season as the 6th or 7th best player in the league.

• If it was about statistics only then its clearly McDavid
  • If its about statistics, making the playoffs, and +/- its Giroux
  • If its about statistics leading to regular season dominance then its Kucherov (best player on the best team)
  • If its about a consistently great player having one of his best years then its Malkin. (better than Crosby that year)
  • If its about great story and overall impact then maybe its William Karlson with his 78 points, 43 goals, 49 +/-, and helping to lift an expansion team to the playoffs.
    • and 1st place in the Pacific
  • If its about statistics and game winning goals then its McKinnon.

There was just no way anyone could actually take this seriously and give Hall a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place vote.

12 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Russell Wilson may put up insane numbers, but man, Allen as the exciting new toy might run away with the award if he leads the Bills to 12+ wins and keeps having big days. Poor Russ.

For a QB MVP it's going to be about wins that becomes the deciding factor. I could see one or both of them NOT winning their division. I don't remember a wildcard team QB getting MVP.

Mahomes is the only one at this point that I am VERY sure (>80%) will win their division.

Edited by wackywabbit

15 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Josh allen

Was already #2 in my Rankings. Looks like Wilson may be staying #1 though depending how the rest of this game goes. 

I’ll have the updated list on Monday Night after the MNF game since we have 2 Top 10 MVP candidates in Jackson and Mahomes playing.