MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

10 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

To be fair you gotta remember that Cam threw for 155 against Dolphins and everyone was talking about how great he was after week 1. And the Dolphins strength of their defense is at DB. They spent and added a lot of pieces there is offseason. Obviously they signed Xavien Howard and Byron Jones (Jones did get knicked up). But also they drafted Noah Igbinoghene in first round. And there rookie from last year Needham played pretty good. Its not like Allen just tore about some scrub defensive backs. That is a big strength ofvthat Dolphin team. Obviously he cant sustain this current pace and will come back to earth a little bit but he just had the best game of his career. Its almost impossible to cover Brown, Beasley  and Diggs. They are gonna get open... Josh just needs to hit them.

Do i think Allen will win MVP... no. Do i think he should be favorite rn yes...he has been the top passer through 2 games and has had success running. But like i said i expect him to come back down to earth and have Singletary And Moss get the running game going some more. However I do think he made another huge leap. Made a huge leap from year 1 to 2. And seems he has again from week 2 to 3.

Cam threw for just 155 against the Dolphins because he only attempted 19 passes. YPA was over 8, completion percentage just under 80%, 100+ rating, and 75 rushing yards with 2 TDs. Pats just didn't have to bother passing much. The Dolphins didn't hold them to 155, they just didn't pass enough to get more.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

To be fair you gotta remember that Cam threw for 155 against Dolphins and everyone was talking about how great he was after week 1. And the Dolphins strength of their defense is at DB. They spent and added a lot of pieces there is offseason. Obviously they signed Xavien Howard and Byron Jones (Jones did get knicked up). But also they drafted Noah Igbinoghene in first round. And there rookie from last year Needham played pretty good. Its not like Allen just tore about some scrub defensive backs. That is a big strength ofvthat Dolphin team. Obviously he cant sustain this current pace and will come back to earth a little bit but he just had the best game of his career. Its almost impossible to cover Brown, Beasley  and Diggs. They are gonna get open... Josh just needs to hit them.

Jones was out almost immediately with a groin injury and didn't come back in.  Igbinoghene is really talented, but very raw (youngest player in the NFL), and was forced into Byron's role.  He was predictably roasted by Diggs several times.  Needham is not good and was abused in coverage as well.  When you factor in that Miami has literally zero pass rush at the moment, Allen essentially DID just tear apart two scrub defensive backs.  Allen's job was not hard at all yesteday.  

Week 2 is Updated. First Page. Version 2.0 with 17.0 being the Final. WIlson is far and away #1 at the moment, but still lots of season left.

I know many of you think Allen is overrated, as do I, but I'm simply going with facts and evidence here with no bias.

I think it's a pretty fair and accurate Rankings of the current MVP Race.

As for Adams, he's been all over the field for Seattle making plays in both games, and a sack in each game at a crucial moment.

And Tannehil is quietly having a tremendous season again after also being a Top 5 MVP candidate last year as well.

Edited by BayRaider

The NFL is turning into the NBA when it comes to this award and becomes about the narrative. Russ never received a MVP vote before so that will get brought up EVERY week and on primetime games until its fulfilled.

Right now, the way he's playing, he deserves it. But if he begins to slip or the team doesn't win the division, they will still push that narrative to get him the trophy.

I have it as :

Wilson

Allen

Kyler

Russell Wilson starting out strong like he does every year and we say hes going to win MVP.

He is always forgotten by mid-season as someone else is more hyped up in the media, MVP is 100% a media award.

Maybe in the COVID year we'll see him finally get his desired MVP, it's a wide open book rn. Allen could come in as mid-season form hits, idk.

On 9/21/2020 at 1:30 PM, Jakuvious said:

Cam threw for just 155 against the Dolphins because he only attempted 19 passes. YPA was over 8, completion percentage just under 80%, 100+ rating, and 75 rushing yards with 2 TDs. Pats just didn't have to bother passing much. The Dolphins didn't hold them to 155, they just didn't pass enough to get more.

Well just maybe Dolphins arent as bad as thought... yes its just the Jags but Jags had a pretty good first two games and Dolphins dominated them. The Dolphins secondary held Minshew to his lowest passer rating by far this year.

Dolphins have been playing good football recently. Fitzpatrick is very streaky. So the fact that Josh Allen stepped up when Ryan Fitzpatrick and Dolphins just started to gel is very promising 

57 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Well just maybe Dolphins arent as bad as thought... yes its just the Jags but Jags had a pretty good first two games and Dolphins dominated them. The Dolphins secondary held Minshew to his lowest passer rating by far this year.

Dolphins have been playing good football recently. Fitzpatrick is very streaky. So the fact that Josh Allen stepped up when Ryan Fitzpatrick and Dolphins just started to gel is very promising 

I pegged the Dolphins for 6-8 wins. I think theyll be in the mediocre-to-average range. I also thought their defense would be middle of the pack. 

I also thought the Jets defense would be middle of the pack, but they may have quit on Gase. They were borderling top-10 last year. Trading Adams is a pretty big (short term) loss, though. 

Still, it's only been two weeks, and while what we've seen from Allen is encouraging- Im not reading too much into any games this early in the season. Glad to see pur QB continue to improve, though- he def has franchise QB potential. 

Edited by WizeGuy