MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

*Shrug

That sort of goes with the territory. Find me an MVP who won in spite of coaching - I doubt you'd find it. I get what you're saying, but behind every MVP is a coaching staff that puts the time and effort into creating a great gameplan and getting their MVP candidate in the discussion.

Oh absolutely, not disagreement there. I'm merely saying that when you watch Wilson and Allen, they're making spectacular plays. Mahomes for the most part last night didn't do anything special, just threw to wide open dudes all night long with really easy throws. It just wasn't enough for me personally to go "Oh wow yeah he's definitely ahead of Wilson and Allen now in the MVP race!"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Oh absolutely, not disagreement there. I'm merely saying that when you watch Wilson and Allen, they're making spectacular plays. Mahomes for the most part last night didn't do anything special, just threw to wide open dudes all night long with really easy throws. It just wasn't enough for me personally to go "Oh wow yeah he's definitely ahead of Wilson and Allen now in the MVP race!"

I guess that's fair. I'm sort of used to watching Wilson make plays like this, so it might be desensitization to his greatness. I haven't seen much of Allen but his numbers tell a story, so I can see that.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I guess that's fair. I'm sort of used to watching Wilson make plays like this, so it might be desensitization to his greatness. I haven't seen much of Allen but his numbers tell a story, so I can see that.

Of course, Mahomes is probably posting this up on his locker as we speak and next week he's gonna do a no look behind the back across his body TD pass 40 yards and I'm just gonna be here like "welp..."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Mahomes is the NFL poster boy though on the NFL's best team. Russell Wilson is....not.

NFL likes multiple posterboys and likes variety when it comes to MVP as well. NFL wants different MVPs most years imo. Like for Lamar or Mahomes to win, I think they gotta be the clear cut guys. Tie goes to Wilson here. 

But this is only if it’s super super close. Right now Wilson is the clear #1. 

Rodgers not even getting mentioned much (rightfully so) shows what an amazing first 3 weeks so many guys have had. Wilson, Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers are all on MVP-caliber paces on teams that look primed for 12+ wins... and that’s not even including defending MVP, who has plenty of time to “turn it around”.

Wilson should be CLEAR frontrunner, but he’s still just 1 bad week from falling to 3 or 4.

6 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Rodgers not even getting mentioned much (rightfully so) shows what an amazing first 3 weeks so many guys have had. Wilson, Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers are all on MVP-caliber paces on teams that look primed for 12+ wins... and that’s not even including defending MVP, who has plenty of time to “turn it around”.

Wilson should be CLEAR frontrunner, but he’s still just 1 bad week from falling to 3 or 4.

It would have to be an absolute disaster of a week for Wilson to fall to 3 and 4. Not just a loss but like a 1 TD 3 INT game. 

The only person I feel can go to #1 this week is Allen if he has a great game and Wilson has a bad game. We will see. Both play horrible defenses. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It would have to be an absolute disaster of a week for Wilson to fall to 3 and 4. Not just a loss but like a 1 TD 3 INT game. 

The only person I feel can go to #1 this week is Allen if he has a great game and Wilson has a bad game. We will see. Both play horrible defenses. 

The Bills are going to obliterate the Raiders hehe