MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

I think Wilson would be the favorite at this point with his monster Week 1 and he has a very good WR core. 

I think Rodgers is gonna have a great year and prove all his critics wrong, but not sure he can keep up those Week 1 type stats as he’s a little older, with a lesser WR core. 

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i don't think josh allen is an mvp candidate, but i could also very easily find clips of any elite quarterback missing an easy throw. it happens way more often than people seem to like to admit.

It’s week 1. Nobody is an MVP candidate. Every single QB that had a good game could come out next Sunday and have a mediocre game that ends in a loss and nobody will care what they did yesterday 

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Also, this guy is not an MVP candidate.

This is what's wrong with the anti josh allen club imo. Its a bunch of people who want to die on the hill that he's not good just because they made fun of him as a draft prospect. It's ok that alot of people were wrong on Josh Allen pre draft. NFL Twitter cherry picks his one bad throw of the game and tries to discredit his first 300 yard game, 72% completion percentage, 3 total TDs, almost 400 total yards and being in complete control of the game.

He's a gamer and every year he is getting better and better. 

Josh Allens last 11 games : 24 Total TDs (17 passing, 7 rushing), 2 INTs

EDIT : I don't think he's an MVP candidate but he has the play making ability to be in the conversation if the bills keep winning and he improves his completion percentage.

Edited by The BILLievers
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think Rodgers is gonna have a great year and prove all his critics wrong, but not sure he can keep up those Week 1 type stats as he’s a little older, with a lesser WR core. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens, but he really did look better than he has in 3+ years now. Sure, the Vikes were young on defense, and couldn't get pressure, but he's faced worse defenses than that the past two years and he's still not looked that sharp. Something was different yesterday, I'm hoping it continues, but who knows.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So far, I am definitely wrong on Josh Allen. Maybe not an elite guy, but I had bust written all over him. 

Too early to say that. His accuracy is still not good by any means. Not hard to have a good completion percentage when your average pass attempt is 6 yards. 

56 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

This is what's wrong with the anti josh allen club imo. Its a bunch of people who want to die on the hill that he's not good just because they made fun of him as a draft prospect. It's ok that alot of people were wrong on Josh Allen pre draft. NFL Twitter cherry picks his one bad throw of the game and tries to discredit his first 300 yard game, 72% completion percentage, 3 total TDs, almost 400 total yards and being in complete control of the game.

He's a gamer and every year he is getting better and better. 

Josh Allens last 11 games : 24 Total TDs (17 passing, 7 rushing), 2 INTs

EDIT : I don't think he's an MVP candidate but he has the play making ability to be in the conversation if the bills keep winning and he improves his completion percentage.

You were not responding to me, but since I started the "Josh Allen was not as good as those numbers" thing, I absolutely agree that using a twitter clip of his worst throw is a terrible way to evaluate how a game went for a QB. Lamar had a terrible throw where he was basically throwing it away deep but ended up throwing at a defender who should have caught it. Mahomes made a terrible decision throwing to the end zone into triple coverage and was picked, but got bailed out by a shaky flag. But, other than those seemed like almost every other play was neutral to very good for them. I haven't watched Rodgers or Wilson yet, but I'm sure there is something you could make a disparaging tweet about in that game.

I did watch every snap Josh Allen took on gamepass this morning before I made my statement. It was more up-and-down than a fantastic outing. A lot of volume and some headscratchers. I think it was a good performance overall and if that is the net every week than the Bills will be in great shape, but for the purposes of this thread I don't think it was the 4th best performance that someone I saw had this weekend.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Too early to say that. His accuracy is still not good by any means. Not hard to have a good completion percentage when your average pass attempt is 6 yards. 

True. But again so far he's exceeding my expectations. I had him the worst of the 5 taken, not #2.

(in fact, I was pretty damn wrong about these QBs in 18). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

You were not responding to me, but since I started the "Josh Allen was not as good as those numbers" thing, I absolutely agree that using a twitter clip of his worst throw is a terrible way to evaluate how a game went for a QB. Lamar had a terrible throw where he was basically throwing it away deep but ended up throwing at a defender who should have caught it. Mahomes made a terrible decision throwing to the end zone into triple coverage and was picked, but got bailed out by a shaky flag. But, other than those seemed like almost every other play was neutral to very good for them.

I did watch every snap Josh Allen took on gamepass this morning before I made my statement. It was more up-and-down than a fantastic outing. A lot of volume and some headscratchers. I think it was a good performance overall and if that is the net every week than the Bills will be in great shape, but for the purposes of this thread I don't think it was the 4th best performance that someone I saw had this weekend.

It was not a fantastic outing but it was definitely closer to a fantastic outing than up and down IMO but we can agree to disagree. 

At the end of the day he had almost 400 total yards, 3 TDs no INTs and 72% completion percentage. Also won convincingly.  

I don't want to make it seem like I think he's an elite QB right now and going to be the MVP but i think most bills fans are just triggered by people that don't watch him or bills games act like he's trash. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

It was not a fantastic outing but it was definitely closer to a fantastic outing than up and down IMO but we can agree to disagree. 

At the end of the day he had almost 400 total yards, 3 TDs no INTs and 72% completion percentage. Also won convincingly.  

I don't want to make it seem like I think he's an elite QB right now and going to be the MVP but i think most bills fans are just triggered by people that don't watch him or bills games act like he's trash. 

I think I meant to say that it was "more up than down, but not fantastic". Very good for the Bills if he plays at that level for 16.