MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

9 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Do i think Allen will win MVP... no. Do i think he should be favorite rn yes...he has been the top passer through 2 games and has had success running. But like i said i expect him to come back down to earth and have Singletary And Moss get the running game going some more. However I do think he made another huge leap. Made a huge leap from year 1 to 2. And seems he has again from week 2 to 3.

1) He's not the favorite. Let's stop there.

2) It's only week 2 against two of the worst run organizations in the league. 

3 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

To be fair you gotta remember that Cam threw for 155 against Dolphins and everyone was talking about how great he was after week 1

I don't know who you were talking about, but I wasn't one of them.

4 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

And the Dolphins strength of their defense is at DB. (cont'd)

And yet, they are still very mediocre. Both as a unit and as an organization.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Over Russell Wilson!? 9 TDs to 11 incompletions on the year...

Ill Have What Shes Having GIFs | Tenor

edit: I do think he has a chance to win it for sure, but right now Wilson is clearly in the lead.... For what it's worth, which is not much just 2 weeks into season.

Well i may put Wilson in slight lead. Last i checked he struggled and threw an INT butvlooks like he definitely picked it up. But depending on what stats you look at the leader for MVP has to be one of the two as Allen does have more total yards than Wilson. Allen did something that only Peyton  Manning, Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers has done. That right there puts him atop or near top of MVP talk right now.

Kyler Murray I think is clearly behind those two. Less total yardage, less scores, and most INTs

6 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

1) He's not the favorite. Let's stop there.

2) It's only week 2 against two of the worst run organizations in the league. 

I don't know who you were talking about, but I wasn't one of them.

And yet, they are still very mediocre. Both as a unit and as an organization.

1) Right now i think he is right behind Wilson. But i do expect him not to be after next week. Wilson will just be way more consistent.

2) Patriots have always been praised for beating up on Jets, Bills, and Dolphins... what makes this any different? We have Rams coming up so we should find out soon enough. Even if we lose if its a shootout i think thats a great sign.

3) Did you listen to the media... thats all they said was how great Patriots are. All the headlines said it

4) Too early to tell if the unit is mediocre. Only had 2 games and in their first game they only gave up 155 yards in air by not allowing any big play and allowed zero passing TDs

3 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

1) Right now i think he is right behind Wilson. But i do expect him not to be after next week. Wilson will just be way more consistent.

Okay, this is your opinion and I respect it, even if I disagree and I respect your realistic point of view. Even as a fan.

I said before the season started, Wilson just keeps getting better and better every year despite working with scraps for the majority of his career on offense and unless he falls off hard It's gonna be hard to match that for any QB. Even Mahomes himself. 

7 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

2) Patriots have always been praised for beating up on Jets, Bills, and Dolphins... what makes this any different? We have Rams coming up so we should find out soon enough. Even if we lose if its a shootout i think thats a great sign.

My point is, every year for the last 20 years we have heard that the Patriots are only good because of the division that they play in. But now you seem to undermining this aspect when Allen has played against two team from the same division.

11 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

3) Did you listen to the media... thats all they said was how great Patriots are. All the headlines said it

No I don't listen to the media, AT ALL. I very rarely watch Skip or Smith or NFL network. I only listen/watch certain Bears programs or related podcasts and other coaches interviews. That's it. So my opinion is not based on any of that. 

Again, I'm not apart of the group that you are talking about. In fact, truth be told, I still have doubts abouts Cam moving forward despite him playing good tonight.

21 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

4) Too early to tell if the unit is mediocre. Only had 2 games and in their first game they only gave up 155 yards in air by not allowing any big play and allowed zero passing TDs

This I agree with. Wholeheartedly. It's way too early to judge any player or unit. Especially with limited offseason programs and no preseason.

But we also need to remind ourselves that this applies to QB's as well.

6 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Well i may put Wilson in slight lead. Last i checked he struggled and threw an INT butvlooks like he definitely picked it up.

Struggled? Not sure what you were watching last night.

And the interception was completely on Greg Olsen. That’s not a blemish on Russ’ game at all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Wilson is the best player in the NFL. I thought they would score everytime they had the feeling. Never had this feeling before, not against Rodgers, Mahomes or Jackson.

Yeah i gotta agree. I have watched pretty much everyRams-Seattle game since he came in the league. He has always been good/elite...but this year is different... its almost like he went super saiyan this season...

He is just unbelievable, the way the Rams have looked i would pick them for the division winner. But Wilson is definitely gonna put a wrench in that. He is a one man army.

Edited by Riftty
  • Like 1

Any answer that isn't Russell Wilson comes from someone who hasn't seem them play yet.   Unbelievable start.

There are 3 other guys who are still in the discussion, albeit 1 is for the gaudy #'s being put up (along with Wilson):

1.  Josh Allen - I know, I know.  There are some major IRL skills that need work.  But the running ability, and his gunslinger mentality are translating to ridiculous numbers.   His tests are going to be when he faces top D's - LAR's certainly a top 10 D at worst, if not an elite D at the moment.   Week 3 will be telling, as will his games vs. NE.   He'll have to win those games to gain ground on Wilson, because only division winner QB's are getting MVP votes this year (and likely top 2 seeds).

2.   Aaron Rodgers - now, he's only had to face MIN & DET.   So we've seen this before, much like Allen we need to see how he fares against good D's.

3.   Cam - I think he'll get comeback player of the year, but will fade from MVP discussion.    Just an example though of BB leveraging a guy's strengths and helping him succeed.

8 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Well i may put Wilson in slight lead. Last i checked he struggled and threw an INT butvlooks like he definitely picked it up. But depending on what stats you look at the leader for MVP has to be one of the two as Allen does have more total yards than Wilson. Allen did something that only Peyton  Manning, Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers has done. That right there puts him atop or near top of MVP talk right now.

Kyler Murray I think is clearly behind those two. Less total yardage, less scores, and most INTs

This is probably the worst take in the entire thread, so congrats on that.