2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya he’d go to a team that actually has NFL WRs and light it up. And we will kick ourselves in the butt for 3 whole offseason failing him with weapons. Bc “they’re not that valuable”

Darnold is the only reason I think we dont get the first pick. Hes going to will some wins once Gase is fired.

How does anyone expect a passing game with the turds we have at wr and rb? Its amazing how bad they failed sam. This team never fails to amaze 

6 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Darnold is the only reason I think we dont get the first pick. Hes going to will some wins once Gase is fired.

How does anyone expect a passing game with the turds we have at wr and rb? Its amazing how bad they failed sam. This team never fails to amaze 

Well bc Tom Brady dis it. Anyone can.

In all seriousness how little people for years have valued WR and RB (especially on this board) is really showing now. And I’d imagine some are really looking back and saying, “wow, maybe we did need to spend draft assets on WR and RB.”

I say this bc I’ve been mocked by some on here for years for pounding the table for OL and WRs and RBs. And all I can say now is....... I told ya so.

• Like 1

You can’t make it up. All Macc needed to do was build around Darnold. Get him an oline and some weapons.

So unfortunate that now we are likely going to get the 1st overall pick, a new coach and have to do this all over again.

People are already discussing which teams should trade for Darnold and what his trade value is likely to be.

Just a sad situation.

Edited by SDotNova

I feel bad for JD bc the team he acquired. It's hard to rebuild an OL and skill positions fully in 1 off season. I think he did a good job, to where I'm not down on him at all. But I do question some of the resources used. For example maybe use some of those mid rounders on WR instead of S, OL again, Edge and QB. Juts use 1 or 2 of those picks on WR and we could be in a better situation. Or as I continue to mention. Maybe trading those mid rounders for a proven guy that might be due a pay day. We draft so bad we have plenty of cap with very few players to have to pay in the future. 

46 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I feel bad for JD bc the team he acquired. It's hard to rebuild an OL and skill positions fully in 1 off season. I think he did a good job, to where I'm not down on him at all. But I do question some of the resources used. For example maybe use some of those mid rounders on WR instead of S, OL again, Edge and QB. Juts use 1 or 2 of those picks on WR and we could be in a better situation. Or as I continue to mention. Maybe trading those mid rounders for a proven guy that might be due a pay day. We draft so bad we have plenty of cap with very few players to have to pay in the future. 

While I do agree somewhat, once you get to the 3rd or 4th round you should be drafting the best players on your board.  I have hope for Davis at S and Clarke at OG.  I am not sure what they saw in Zuniga but he has yet to play so I will be patient.  Morgan has me a little confused.  I certainly understand the need for a backup QB, just look at us last year when Sam was out along with some other teams.  The fact that the Jets refuse to put him on the PS tells me they are concerned another team will swoop in.  Some GM's truly believe in drafting a QB every other year.  Ron Wolf and Belichick come to mind.  Draft, develop, trade or backup.

Also, who could have foresaw all the injuries that landed them on IR:  Mims, the Smith bros, Cager.  Doctson opting out.  If those 5 players were available, this may be a non-issue.  They may not have been good, but would you really expect a rookie 4th rd reciever to be good?  

In hindsight, yes we should have drafted another WR, but lets not assume he blew the picks.  I am certain he is privately saying to himself he should have drafted another WR.

Just now, Bianconero said:

So what ? He is a respected veteran 

But he hasn't played. How would he know about the intensity of last year? He had a torn ACL at home. And this year he's spent most the time on the sideline as well. So he's not exactly the person to be judging this. You have to be on the field to have an opinion on this IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But he hasn't played. How would he know about the intensity of last year? He had a torn ACL at home. And this year he's spent most the time on the sideline as well. So he's not exactly the person to be judging this. You have to be on the field to have an opinion on this IMO. 

He's talking about practice, man

On 9/21/2020 at 8:27 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

Personnel =/= scheme. Saleh isn't going to let his team get beat deep, that's their first priority.

I'm not sending Berrios or Malone deep to beat anyone, that's insane. 

You really think the only option was the out there? It was the first read, Sam went to it, 49ers made a good play. Sometimes just credit your opponent. 

4 Plays, 10 point swing each way. We need to create some good luck for ourselves. Take 3 when we should, catch passes that hit us in the numbers and not give up 70 yard runs. 

Listen no one wants to discuss the actual game, that's fine. 

Here's a scheme stat for you because you claimed SF plays not to get beat deep.  Jets ran the ball into a single high safety 21 of the 62 plays they ran in the game.  SF was single high safety quite a bit.  That is awfully strange of a team playing not to get beat deep yet we took zero deep shots and instead decided to run the ball.  It's getting harder and harder to defend Gase because that is not winning football when you run into stacked boxes it's actually incompetence.

• Like 1