2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

2 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Not that I’d think he’d come her but I wouldn’t be against McDaniels as long as he doesn’t want complete control

After his HC failure in Denver including his videotaping scandal and OC failure in St. Louis, coupled with his douching of Indianapolis, it is apparent that JM is best suited for the Patriots and Belichick.  He can't make it on his own.

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You cant really guarantee any QB would play bad. Darnold's errors are mental mostly, he makes bad decisions. Not to say things are great for him but he hasn't done himself any favors.2 picks 6s, another RZ INT, missing Hogan naked on a crossing route. That's all on him.

I can guarantee you that any QB would play bad on this Jets roster. We legit have a 0-16 level roster right now. I have never seen a roster this bad before.   We have no WRs, our TEs are busts, we have no run game So what is going for this team where another QB would have success?  The defense is pathetic, the only player who made our defense last season was Jamal Adams. Without him they are trash. They have no pass rush and a bad secondary. 

I am not saying Darnold is amazing, but this talk thinking we just place a new QB on this roster is exactly why the JEts been bad. The Jets have a bad roster and a bad coach. Darnold has never been given a opportunity to succeed. Its like we throw him out there with turds and expect greatness.  Look at the Bills, look at what they've done for Allen to allow him to grow. They had a identity stuck to it and got him playmakers that have manage to always stay healthy. 

No one on the Jets can stay healthy, and I blame Gase because that has always been issues with him. Tannehill was not injury prone until Gase. Some reason players get injured with him, hes a cancer and needs to be removed from this organization as soon as possible. 

Just put Gregg Williams as the HC for the rest of the season and Jim Bob Cooter as the OC.  

If Darnold was on the Chiefs he would look closer to what Mahomes is than look like a bust. 

Honestly, I think a person they need is someone like Jim Harbaugh. He knew how to build a great staff and developed confidence in a losing organization.  Problem is I doubt it happens with Joe Douglas getting big money as GM.  I want a HC who knows how to be a CEO and build a staff. We just need someone who can come here and change the culture of the Jets. 

Edited by NYJets4716

I would like to see Darnold in a Jim Bob Cooter offense for the rest of the season. You can make a lot of similarities between Sam and a young Matt Stafford , big arms, questionable accuracy and judgement ( forced throws). Jim Bob turned Stafford from a possible bust/JAG to a 5,000 yard passer. Not saying that happens but there’s something not clicking under Gase and his offensive philosophy. 

Plus I’m sure if Williams is head coach and Jim Bob OC, Bell will be the focal point when he gets back not an afterthought. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

I would like to see Darnold in a Jim Bob Cooter offense for the rest of the season. You can make a lot of similarities between Sam and a young Matt Stafford , big arms, questionable accuracy and judgement ( forced throws). Jim Bob turned Stafford from a possible bust/JAG to a 5,000 yard passer. Not saying that happens but there’s something not clicking under Gase and his offensive philosophy. 

Plus I’m sure if Williams is head coach and Jim Bob OC, Bell will be the focal point when he gets back not an afterthought. 

2015 was Stafford's best season under JBC. And it's not comparing apples to apples at all. Stafford's #1 and #2 WRs were Megatron and Golden Tate. Combining for 2,030yds and 15 TDs alone. Other weapons include Riddick as a receiving RB (700yds receiving that season) and Ebron at TE. We have nothing in the same world as that weapons wise. We have a good slot WR and that's it.

On 9/28/2020 at 11:54 AM, Bobby816 said:

That was almost 12 years ago. 

I’m holding onto anything I can. Lol. I think we need a veteran HC. Or a culture changer like Rex but with a balanced playing style. Can’t have a HC that only knows one side.

Edited by SDotNova

54 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

JBC has problem with run game. Dunno being RB coach will improve his perception of run game.  Just don't get upset if he still can't use RB well.

I’ll take it. If Darnold is not the guy, we at least need him to play well enough to get a day 2 pick.

Right now if we get the 1st pick and the organization wants to go QB, at best we are getting a day 3 pick for Sam.

10 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

He drafted a WR in the second round. The only thing we can conclusively state based on actions and his comments is that he values OL over skilled positions. 

I mean i dont have an issue with valuing OL over skilled positions.

And JD at least addresses skill positions which is more than we can say for the last few regimes. He really should've drafted a second WR, but the Davis pick looks a lot better with Jamal gone.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

2015 was Stafford's best season under JBC. And it's not comparing apples to apples at all. Stafford's #1 and #2 WRs were Megatron and Golden Tate. Combining for 2,030yds and 15 TDs alone. Other weapons include Riddick as a receiving RB (700yds receiving that season) and Ebron at TE. We have nothing in the same world as that weapons wise. We have a good slot WR and that's it.

I’m not saying Darnold will put up crazy yardage numbers all of a sudden, we all know his weapons suck. I’m talking about Stafford averaging close to 20 picks a year over his first 4 seasons and then cutting that number in half after working with Cooter. I don’t expect miracles, just progress. Things seemed to click for Stafford under Cooter, an example of a coach making his QB better. Novel idea in Jetsville I know, but would be a welcome thing ti actually witness for a change. 

8 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

I’m not saying Darnold will put up crazy yardage numbers all of a sudden, we all know his weapons suck. I’m talking about Stafford averaging close to 20 picks a year over his first 4 seasons and then cutting that number in half after working with Cooter. I don’t expect miracles, just progress. Things seemed to click for Stafford under Cooter, an example of a coach making his QB better. Novel idea in Jetsville I know, but would be a welcome thing ti actually witness for a change. 

The positive is that JBC used Enron and loved throwing to RBs. So it’s a good sign for Herndon, Bell and Perine (hopefully). I maintain high hopes for Mims, but he has to actually play to get a gage on him. Perriman I’m already done with, as dumb as that sounds.