2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yall are asking for a hot coordinator not a head coach. We need a HEAD COACH. The roles and responsibilities are different.

Many good HC candidates come from the coordinator position.  By all reports guys like Bieniemy and Smith are well respected coordinators and are loved by their players.  I don't want another failed HC like Gase that we hope can change from his past mistakes.  I want a guy who is well respected and is a bright coach who can develop a QB.  Both Bieniemy and Smith are well respected at least and have creative offensive game plans.  That is more then enough to warranted consideration for the position.

Many good HCs call plays still so that doesn't matter to me.  

We need a guys who can garner the respect of the players to play hard and one that can lay the foundation for a young QB to succeed with a creative, motioning, aggressive offense.  Whether that is a hot coordinator like Bieniemy or Smith or a guy like Harbaugh or whoever that is what we need.  Call plays don't call plays whatever but we need someone to build a foundation for a young QB to develop.  Guys like Bieniemy and Smith fit that role as well as being professional leaders of men.  Who cares that they are coordinators.  You hear nothing but great things about these guys from coaches and their players.

Edited by Rockice_8

Whether or not you believe this **** but I do genuinely think T Law and Gase can work together.    T Law has laser strength of 5, 10, 15 and 20 yards and quick release. Those are essential for Gase' system.

Darnold was pathetic last night. Final throw of the 1st half was terribly low and underthrown.  That kind of throw won't help WR in 50/50 contest and drawing a pass interference.  Terrible.   Plus, in 4th down and short, Crowder was in front of defender but was way beyond the chain, Darnold checked him down and got ******* sack?  Pathetic.

T Law won't do that way and I don't care if he has yet to play NFL.

Joe Doulgas should be on hot seat as well. In one of largest population densities, Jets once again decided to focus on young and draft plan to start rebuilding the team. It never works period.  If JD has no interest in bolstering the team with FA then he needs to go. Simple.

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Joe Doulgas should be on hot seat as well. In one of largest population densities, Jets once again decided to focus on young and draft plan to start rebuilding the team. It never works period.  If JD has no interest in bolstering the team with FA then he needs to go. Simple.

I must say even though it’s early, he’s certainly not living up to his reputation.

I dont say this for hyperbole or to be outrageous but i think Gase may be one of the worst NFL coaches in history

Zero creativity, zero likability, doesnt utilize players to the best of their ability, inspires no confidence in his players, gutless and as evidenced last night after his childish antics at the end of the game even his peers dont respect him.  He may not be fired today or next week or even this season (because the Johnsons are also gutless and cheap and seemingly not bright), but when he does, im not sure he’ll ever get another job in the NFL, even as a positions coach

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Abe56 said:

I dont say this for hyperbole or to be outrageous but i think Gase may be one of the worst NFL coaches in history

Zero creativity, zero likability, doesnt utilize players to the best of their ability, inspires no confidence in his players, gutless and as evidenced last night after his childish antics at the end of the game even his peers dont respect him.  He may not be fired today or next week or even this season (because the Johnsons are also gutless and cheap and seemingly not bright), but when he does, im not sure he’ll ever get another job in the NFL, even as a positions coach

Agreed 1000%

And the best part is that we knew that since Day 1

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Many good HC candidates come from the coordinator position.  By all reports guys like Bieniemy and Smith are well respected coordinators and are loved by their players.  I don't want another failed HC like Gase that we hope can change from his past mistakes.  I want a guy who is well respected and is a bright coach who can develop a QB.  Both Bieniemy and Smith are well respected at least and have creative offensive game plans.  That is more then enough to warranted consideration for the position.

Many good HCs call plays still so that doesn't matter to me.  

We need a guys who can garner the respect of the players to play hard and one that can lay the foundation for a young QB to succeed with a creative, motioning, aggressive offense.  Whether that is a hot coordinator like Bieniemy or Smith or a guy like Harbaugh or whoever that is what we need.  Call plays don't call plays whatever but we need someone to build a foundation for a young QB to develop.  Guys like Bieniemy and Smith fit that role as well as being professional leaders of men.  Who cares that they are coordinators.  You hear nothing but great things about these guys from coaches and their players.

Todd Bowles

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Todd Bowles

Maybe a good example of a HC we need is a guy who seems like they actually love the game. Gase and Bowles have the personality of a flea. Get a guy that loves the game, knows the game and his players who play the game love him.