2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Maybe a good example of a HC we need is a guy who seems like they actually love the game. Gase and Bowles have the personality of a flea. Get a guy that loves the game, knows the game and his players who play the game love him. 

Rex Ashley Ryan.

Too bad he got skinny and then we made bad trades/draft picks.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Maybe a good example of a HC we need is a guy who seems like they actually love the game. Gase and Bowles have the personality of a flea. Get a guy that loves the game, knows the game and his players who play the game love him. 

You think these dudes who spend their lives...never mind you know they love the game and know this game inside and out? 

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Nope Bowles was a leader of men, who commanded the respect of his players, etc...worked under a ton of great coaches including Parcells who spoke highly of him. 

I don't remember any of that.  Only thing I remember was he was good at playing to his players' strengths on defense and that he's very even keeled with no personality.

Honestly, I wish I could find some good information about candidates' managing skill.  I am tired of hearing people think one would be HC just basing on how hot his unit recently performs.   

Eric Bieniemy ran the unit for Andy Reid but Reid remains the chief in calling game. He will be 52 years old so do we need him to make his first full debut game caller as HC for Jets? I don't want to but I am kind of hoping that EB has the similar quirky as Reid when it comes to structuring the team and actually managing them.   Press Taylor should be his OC if EB is our HC.

Arthur Smith hit the gold when Tannehill stepped in and performed well for Titans.  Even though there were many words about how exciting was Marcus Mariota's future in Smith being in charge because the pair had worked together professionally for 3-4 years before last year.  Oops!  Mariota could not hack it.  Tanny become better a qb because he went through the difficulty (good and bad) under Gase in Miami.  Smith got lucky and it was just about a half duty of the team. Think he can handle the whole team? I don't know.  One bad turn and it is over for Smith in NY/NJ area in no time.  Herm Edwards almost lost it but he managed to turn the team around for better result. Herm had fire in him despite he looked passive as hell. As for Smith, as of right now, he is just a hand on coach. 

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

And it translated to such excellent HC success

Which is my point. Bienemy might be the guy but he also might suffer from not having Mahomes. Who does he hire and bring with him? A lot goes into it. Same with Smith. They’re also going to be first time head coaches, Sam will then have another coach learning on the fly. 

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You think these dudes who spend their lives...never mind you know they love the game and know this game inside and out? 

What has Gase displayed in his time with the Jets that shows he loves and knows this game? What did Bowles show in his time here the same thing. Rex was our last coach that seemed to love the game and players loved him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I don't remember any of that.  Only thing I remember was he was good at playing to his players' strengths on defense and that he's very even keeled with no personality.

Being HC, he relied on his friends to run games.  Being DC, he actually handles the unit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

It was 6 years ago. I don’t blame you for not remembering. But those were the things said about him. We did get a winning season out of it fwiw. 

"Loving the game" is a weird thing to worry about. You're not doing 70 hour work weeks without a pretty high care about the industry you're in. Bowles problem was talent and conservatism. He consistently took the least risky decisions regardless of where they were in the game. He still had the teams respect and there's a reason there was 0 drama even when they were bad unlike when Rex was here.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

What has Gase displayed in his time with the Jets that shows he loves and knows this game? What did Bowles show in his time here the same thing. Rex was our last coach that seemed to love the game and players loved him.

I’m not gonna entertain this rhetoric. Dudes live this sport, that’s how they get to this level. You think they wake up and say OMG have to go to work today? Gase and Bowles have been bad hires for us but once again you dudes make things up in your heads.

Rex was also constantly getting in his own way. He won with Mangini’s team and once he got his he was just as bad as Bowles and Gase. And the next hot coordinator will be bad too until we fix the talent and development issue. 

Rex was an alpha/dog and we had a team full of DOGS.  They were all boys and we loved everyone on the team.  He didn't pay attention to the offense and his and Tanny's philosophy of building a team cost us.  But he is the exact type of coach we need.  Holds guys accountable, makes them want to run through a brick wall and die for him. He was a leader.  However with his personality if you don't have success it looks really bad.  

Anyway, like Jamal has been saying for years, there is NO ONE on this team.  Who is fired up out there? Who cares out there? Who is actually good? This roster doesn't have anyone that puts up a fight.  Sam is just a Yes man.  Avery and McDougald complain about the practices? SET THE F'ING TONE THEN.  

• Like 1