2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m not gonna entertain this rhetoric. Dudes live this sport, that’s how they get to this level. You think they wake up and say OMG have to go to work today? Gase and Bowles have been bad hires for us but once again you dudes make things up in your heads.

Rex was also constantly getting in his own way. He won with Mangini’s team and once he got his he was just as bad as Bowles and Gase. And the next hot coordinator will be bad too until we fix the talent and development issue. 

So your evidence of them loving the game is that just bc they're in the industry they love the game. Great analysis. When has Gase or Bowles ever seemed fired up about anything football related as a Jets HC?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

So your evidence of them loving the game is that just bc they're in the industry they love the game. Great analysis. When has Gase or Bowles ever seemed fired up about anything football related as a Jets HC?

When has Bill Belichick ever seemed fired up about anything football related as a Patriots HC?

Stop it seriously. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m not gonna entertain this rhetoric. Dudes live this sport, that’s how they get to this level. You think they wake up and say OMG have to go to work today? Gase and Bowles have been bad hires for us but once again you dudes make things up in your heads.

Rex was also constantly getting in his own way. He won with Mangini’s team and once he got his he was just as bad as Bowles and Gase. And the next hot coordinator will be bad too until we fix the talent and development issue. 

There is something called Fixed Mindset and Growth Mindset.  It's a great book I recommend everyone read it.  Your life will improve.

Gase is CLASSIC Fixed Mindset.  This can't be improved, my way works, etc.  Gase is stuck in his pompous ways and isn't seeking to improve his coaching and craft.  

• Like 1

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

There is something called Fixed Mindset and Growth Mindset.  It's a great book I recommend everyone read it.  Your life will improve.

Gase is CLASSIC Fixed Mindset.  This can't be improved, my way works, etc.  Gase is stuck in his pompous ways and isn't seeking to improve his coaching and craft.  

That’s possible. Adaptation is a huge part of growth. This is why I want our next coach to be well rounded with a philosophy of bringing in different ideas to help the team.

I don’t want it on one guy having to learn and do it all. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

That’s possible. Adaptation is a huge part of growth. This is why I want our next coach to be well rounded with a philosophy of bringing in different ideas to help the team.

Help us identify one.

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Gase is gone barring a playoff berth. They can’t possibly bring him back for anything less but even then it’s time to move on. 

Looking at our schedule, I think this team very realistically goes 0-16 to 2-14. 

They couldn't even beat a Broncos team that had injuries all over and a backup QB who threw 3 INTs. 

Edited by NYJets4716

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

They’re rarer than good Quarterbacks. Also consider our recent track record with coaches and the fan base, media, lofty expectations. The next guy has to come in and hit the ground running. 

In other words, in face we don't know anyone outside Jim Harbaugh. right?

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Well I'll put it this way about the love of the game.  Some guys early on in their careers will do whatever it takes to improve and make it, but once they make it they stop doing those things and then never grow.  Happens with players all the time too.  Gase had a quick rise through the ranks along with Peyton Manning's endorsement.  It's likely he said "$hit I finally made it! My stuff works!" and got complacent.  Peyton had a great year, I'm a head coach now, I'm invincible. He's humans and many of us are guilty of this. It's up to the Johnsons to figure out what coach is going to work out just like it's up to Douglas to interview these prospects to get a projection of what their careers and attitude and work ethic will be.

There are plenty of tests and uncomfortable questions that can be asked to dive deep into the player or coach's personality and brain.  I don't think that happens though.