2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

With the picks, rookies, and cap space, we just need to go all in for the right coach. There is no roster to blow up, we're still building. We will obviously be in position to get Lawrence,  Fields, or Chase next season. Also continue to build the o-line through Becton. 

I just want Gase gone and the young guys healthy enough to keep developing 

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

But he wins football games. So that negates that. Bowles and Gase didn't and haven't won anything. It's not a cookie cutter HC that they have to fit this, this and this criteria. But we've tried the "coordinator with a low key persona" guy back to back times now. With no success. So it's time to try something new. Get a guy who looks and feels and loves the game. That players like. That can best utilize his talent. That isn't head strong to have an ego to not adjust. Etc.

The point is personality has nothing to do with a coaches ability. 

4 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Because he has the worst coaching and supporting cast in football .

Sigh.

This is who Sam is, you take the good with the bad unfortunately. The hope was that in the pros he'd make better decisions but he hasn't. His first career pass was a Pick 6, was that also on Gase and his current teammates?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The point is personality has nothing to do with a coaches ability. 

Personality will have an effect on leadership.  We saw it with Rex, we saw it with Bowles (a few guys thought he was a joke) and we are now seeing it with Gase.

Whoever you want the next Jets coach to be I want the opposite of that guy.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Sigh.

This is who Sam is, you take the good with the bad unfortunately. The hope was that in the pros he'd make better decisions but he hasn't. His first career pass was a Pick 6, was that also on Gase and his current teammates?

Stop worrying about Sam, Seattle has the worst pass defense in the NFL.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Personality will have an effect on leadership.  We saw it with Rex, we saw it with Bowles (a few guys thought he was a joke) and we are now seeing it with Gase.

Whoever you want the next Jets coach to be I want the opposite of that guy.

Jim Harbaugh? Okay. 

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Lol you literally cant prove that. 

Gase would be a better coach with better players. 

Macaggnan would be a better GM if he drafted better. 

Just like you cant prove Sam is bad when he's never had a good situation. 

I honestly would probably trade a 1st pick to get a overhaul of picks to truly rebuild this roster with talent. 

People try acting like any qb would succeed here with extremely bad wrs, no run game, no ol.

20 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Just like you cant prove Sam is bad when he's never had a good situation. 

I honestly would probably trade a 1st pick to get a overhaul of picks to truly rebuild this roster with talent. 

People try acting like any qb would succeed here with extremely bad wrs, no run game, no ol.

When we call Sam bad it’s for boneheaded errors that are tangible. Missing a wide open receiver, throwing a pick into coverage, happy feet etc...

We can’t have the bad WR, no run game and no OL excuse for Sam and not for Gase. 

They both have issues outside of the talent around them. Sams I outlined, Gase’s are things along the lines of 2nd and long runs becoming predictable for example. The lack of personnel plays an issue but we could also utilize more outside zone runs behind Becton. I’d also like to see him work Herndon up the seams more just to open up things underneath for backs and Crowder. We’ve maxed protected a lot more than I thought we would this year tho so there’s that.

• Like 1

Sam does look bad because of the poor decisions he made when open WRs were there. But I do believe his growth is struggling because of the coaches and current injuries.  Don't forget,  he's building chemistry with guys who was barely on the roster outside of Herndon & Crowder. 

Am I ready to move on from Sam? No. Not until I at least see him under a different play caller. If he continues to struggle, I can't see us passing up Fields/Lawrence. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Sam does look bad because of the poor decisions he made when open WRs were there. But I do believe his growth is struggling because of the coaches and current injuries.  Don't forget,  he's building chemistry with guys who was barely on the roster outside of Herndon & Crowder. 

Am I ready to move on from Sam? No. Not until I at least see him under a different play caller. If he continues to struggle, I can't see us passing up Fields/Lawrence. 

So he needs an ADDITIONAL 30 games before you can make a judgment on him after his already 30 games played?

3 minutes ago, Malik said:

So he needs an ADDITIONAL 30 games before you can make a judgment on him after his already 30 games played?

As an individual, yes he needs time to be effective qb.  However, should Jets wait for him to come around is a real question for FO.  

If yes, let's collect more talents on offensive side.  If no, go find another qb and remind us that it is just a ******* business.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Malik said:

lol Don't be dramatic. 

Just for the rest of the season to see if anything changes like his decision making and the pre-snap reads. We don't know what is going on out there. The problem could be Gase holding him back or it could be Sam. I said it before, I'm not writing off anyone who struggles under a coach I don't like. The second we move on from a player and they start lighting it up under someone else, people will be on here creating 20 threads a week about it. If Jim Bob Cooter is a better play caller and knows what works for Sam instead, we may see a difference. Who knows until it happens. 

Edited by rickyt31