2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, I remember people saying that. I was concerned about the play calling, but I had him in my top 3-4 options. I just knew he had to kill it in the interviews and prove his steps in preparing the offense/Mahomes. 

I hope he lights it up wherever he goes honestly but it would really suck for a team who invested in him and he doesn't meet expectations. Like imagine us giving him a 4 year deal, tying Darnold to his hip and we dont get the results we hope for. It would set us back YEARS. 

This next coach has to be the guy. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I hope he lights it up wherever he goes honestly but it would really suck for a team who invested in him and he doesn't meet expectations. Like imagine us giving him a 4 year deal, tying Darnold to his hip and we dont get the results we hope for. It would set us back YEARS. 

This next coach has to be the guy. 

Pending on if we draft another QB or not. The next coach could be in the same situation unless it's someone like Harbaugh and their contract is bigger. I just don't want it to be a Todd Bowles situation where we ask them to win with hackenberg, Fitz, McCown, and Petty for 4 years. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

Pending on if we draft another QB or not. The next coach could be in the same situation unless it's someone like Harbaugh and their contract is bigger. I just don't want it to be a Todd Bowles situation where we ask them to win with hackenberg, Fitz, McCown, and Petty for 4 years. 

They may have to unfortunately. The fans aren't willing to sit through a process no matter what anyone says. They want to win. The next coach has to come in and win immediately. At least play meaningful games in December as soon as possible. Which could stop us from drafting Lawrence should we pick #1.

Our best options;

Gase/Darnold get it together and we begin competing and create some continuity. 

We bottom out and pick #1 and hire a top tier Head Coach(Harbaugh type) and draft Lawrence, who's the next big thing. 

We catching lightning in a bottle and hire the next McVay and Darnold reaches his potential. 

Other possibilities;

We win 4/5 games and we're either stuck with Sam or have to use assets to move up for Fields/Lance.

Johnson's refuse to pay another coach and let Gase go into year 3. 

There's just no exact formula for turning this around. The only thing that is for sure is that our players playing better will kill some of the outside noise for now. 

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Why do we concern about Eric Bieniemy's ability to call offensive plays?   Adam Gase is OC veteran and he blows.  Also, new head coach may hire first timer kid to handle OC gig. 

It was a knock on Bieniemy years ago when his name came up around here. Guys didn't like that he didn't call plays/didn't coach Quarterbacks.