2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This is emotional thinking. Jim Bob Cooter isn't saving this season. We have to be more rational then ever right now. 

I think he 100% is more capable of best utilizing the little talents we have on offense. When if Gase stays... he will continue to make players do what he wants instead of best utilizing them. 

If Gase is fired because of record AND offensive struggle then JBC has to do something differently to make a case for his future gig.  Good or Bad. I don't know but whatever happens this year won't make a case for future of Jets.

Only focus on what needs to be done to help developing players. Proceeding something for that reason.  Firing Gase does or doesn't make any difference in the process. whatever.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2912333-jets-falcons-cant-be-patient-in-2020-nfl-hiring-cycle-after-bill-obrien-fired

The Jets, though, who knows with them because they've literally mangled every decision since Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan were given extensions [December 2017]."

Another factor that plays into this: some coaches will not want to coach for certain owners or in certain situations. Said the agent: "There are places I don't want my guys to go. Like, I'm not sending anyone to the Jets this offseason. There's no way I want my guy getting his first [head coaching] job with that organization. You only get so many chances at these things, so you need a good fit."

This doesn't bode well for the Jets, who have an unstable ownership situation and a general manager in Joe Douglas who isn't receiving rave reviews around the league for his decisions since taking the job in June 2019. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Brian Schottenheimer and T Law pair.  Deal is done.🤘

I am sure there will be a coaching change at the of the season, not before that would only screw up Darnold more than he is now. And if you are ready to give up on Darnold, now that will set up back many more years. Joe Douglas, is in the process of repairing the Damage that Macc, did to this team. One thing you have to remember Douglas, has had only one offseason with the Jets. Firing Gase now would only make us look like bigger idiot than we are already. Sure Gase, was a terrible choise to coach the Jets, but you can thank the trust fund kids for that . 

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2912333-jets-falcons-cant-be-patient-in-2020-nfl-hiring-cycle-after-bill-obrien-fired

The Jets, though, who knows with them because they've literally mangled every decision since Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan were given extensions [December 2017]."

Another factor that plays into this: some coaches will not want to coach for certain owners or in certain situations. Said the agent: "There are places I don't want my guys to go. Like, I'm not sending anyone to the Jets this offseason. There's no way I want my guy getting his first [head coaching] job with that organization. You only get so many chances at these things, so you need a good fit."

This doesn't bode well for the Jets, who have an unstable ownership situation and a general manager in Joe Douglas who isn't receiving rave reviews around the league for his decisions since taking the job in June 2019. 

I am curious as to the quote "JD is not receiving rave reviews".  Is it because he was frugal this offseason most likely because of the unknown cap situation going forward?  If so, JD was ahead of the curve on that one.  Is it because of Robby and/or KO?  I wish there was some substance to back up that statement.

I have been a big believer in hiring a young coach that is great with the QB and play calling and pairing him with a vet DC. My dream pick would be

HC Brian Daboll and pairing him with Rex Ryan as the DC. 

I think with Rex just focusing on the D we could have one of the best D in the league and have Daboll be the QB whisper for Darnold or T Law if we get the number 1 pick. I think the Jets are a good spot with all those 1st round picks and a team that has it bookend LT in Becton along with Q who is getting better by the day. Then you can find out if Sam is the future. Have T Law and Sam punch it out for the QB job. If Sam wins and does very well you now have Sam on his 5th year option and T Law waiting in the wings. You can move Sam for a 1st round pick or 2 if he does well. If Sam does not do well then you can just move him for some picks or simple cut him. 

On 10/9/2020 at 7:36 AM, jetfuel34 said:

I have been a big believer in hiring a young coach that is great with the QB and play calling and pairing him with a vet DC. My dream pick would be

HC Brian Daboll and pairing him with Rex Ryan as the DC. 

I think with Rex just focusing on the D we could have one of the best D in the league and have Daboll be the QB whisper for Darnold or T Law if we get the number 1 pick. I think the Jets are a good spot with all those 1st round picks and a team that has it bookend LT in Becton along with Q who is getting better by the day. Then you can find out if Sam is the future. Have T Law and Sam punch it out for the QB job. If Sam wins and does very well you now have Sam on his 5th year option and T Law waiting in the wings. You can move Sam for a 1st round pick or 2 if he does well. If Sam does not do well then you can just move him for some picks or simple cut him. 

Dabol is who I want as well