2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

Whats annoying is Dan Quinn has coached his team to a SB appearance, Bill O’Brien went to the playoffs four straight seasons and both have been let go early and Adam Gase’s biggest accomplishment is when his team loses by less than double digits and he is untouchable for some reason.

And now both ATL and HOU are going to get the jump on us in the next HC search

4 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Whats annoying is Dan Quinn has coached his team to a SB appearance, Bill O’Brien went to the playoffs four straight seasons and both have been let go early and Adam Gase’s biggest accomplishment is when his team loses by less than double digits and he is untouchable for some reason.

How? they can't interview anyone on the active franchises.   Not sure about GM, though.

38 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

How? they can't interview anyone on the active franchises.   Not sure about GM, though.

Maybe not “ officially” interview but will definitely put feelers out there to guys they may interested in, maybe contact some agents etc

Just like FA period how deals are done before even the legal tampering period, just how it is.

52 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

This made me laugh hard for some sad reason

1 minute ago, Abe56 said:

Maybe not “ officially” interview but will definitely put feelers out there to guys they may interested in, maybe contact some agents etc

Just like FA period how deals are done before even the legal tampering period, just how it is.

I am still befuddled about HC's agents. lol.   Never mind that part as I can see Falcons and Texans are more attractive to many coaches than Jets.

On 9/14/2020 at 8:35 AM, JetsandI said:

It is too early to start the thread about candidates for 2021 but people don't stop whining about Gase. lol.

In no particular order.

Matt Eberflus, Colts' DC. - Not a bad choice, but I want a offensive coach.
Arthur Smith, Titans' OC. - I think he gets alot out of lesser talent, which could be good for the Jets.
Joe Brady, Panthers' OC. - Young offensive minded coach.  Lets see how he does the rest of this year, but I like him.
Josh McDaniels, Patriots' OC. - NOPE, losing head coach record.  NEXT
Todd Monken, Bulldogs' OC. - Offensive coach, but I dont get the warm fuzzies thinking about him as head coach.
Eric Bieniemy, Chiefs' AOC. - I think he gets credit for KC when he has a all time great QB to coach, sounds alot like Gase when he coached Manning and look how he has turned out.
Robert Saleh, 49ers' DC. - Not a bad choice, but I want a offensive coach.

Jim Harbaugh, Wolverines' HC. - I think he's staying in Michigan. But if he did come, he has a proven record in NFL
Brian Daboll, Bills' OC. - Has made Josh Allen a better QB, and would be stealing from an in division rival.
Nick Sirianni, Colts' OC. - The Colts offense does not impress me.  
Dennis Allen, Saints' DC. - GREAT defensive coach.  I think 4 top 10 defenses in last 4 years.  but, I want a offensive coach.

Dan Campbell, Saints' TE coach. - NOPE

Chad Morris, Tigers' OC.does NOT have a great history when in charge of the ship

Pete Carmichael Jr, Saints' AOC. - NOPE

Duce Staley, Eagles' RB coach. - NOPE

I think to guy I want is;

Lincoln Riley - QB whisperer, young so he can better relate to the players, GREAT record when in charge.  Pay the man and get him in Green!

I think Joe Brady & Eric B will likely land in Atlanta and Houston. One of them might go for Shotty. Joe Brady is really good showing he can do in both college and pros. They lost their biggest threat and the offense is still moving. 

I'm all in for Harbaugh, but I'm also interested in the two I mentioned,  Dennis Allen, and Martindale. I have to start looking into the college coaches.