2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

18 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Another guy to add to the list is our very own Gregg Williams. He’s the rare guy that is tough on players yet seems to be loved by players.

He holds guys accountable. Benched Desir  in the 1st half. Did the same with Austin last year.

Other guys I think we should look at

Greg Roman OC Baltimore

Eric Bieniemy OC KC

Joe Brady OC Carolina

Dave Toub STC KC

Lincoln Reily HC Oklahoma 

I say no on Gregg Williams. He has been passed over several times for HC job for a reason. I'm not that impressed with his D any more either. I'm tired of the excuses. He has been here for several years and puts out average to below average D. A good DC guy makes things happen no matter the personal or injuries. 

49 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I say no on Gregg Williams. He has been passed over several times for HC job for a reason. I'm not that impressed with his D any more either. I'm tired of the excuses. He has been here for several years and puts out average to below average D. A good DC guy makes things happen no matter the personal or injuries. 

He’s been with the Jets 1 full season and his D outperformed. This is year 2. But I like him more because he seems like he holds guys accountable and just seems like a guy who can hold the top spot. But he’ll likely not be my top guy. Just someone I think we should interview.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

That's my point Gase didn't bring Manning. Darnold can only save Darnold. Gase is setting him up to succeed, the film shows it. Sam might just be bad. 

Well Gase hasn't been successful outside of his Manning season where as Reid's system has been duplicated multiple times.  This may be a Sam problem no question but are you willing to give up on him already or maybe give him another crack at it with a more proven system.  You willing to cut bait on a 23 year old QB for a coach with a far longer history of failures?  Seems like a bad hill to for you plant your flag on.

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

He’s been with the Jets 1 full season and his D outperformed. This is year 2. But I like him more because he seems like he holds guys accountable and just seems like a guy who can hold the top spot. But he’ll likely not be my top guy. Just someone I think we should interview.

He just let Josh Allen throw for 329. He hasn't outperformed.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I do love you all though. I swore we wouldn’t wait for the first game for the head coach thread lol. 

The game was that bad. Lmao. This season was all about Darnold. I saw everything I needed to see. I’d be shocked if he’s anything more than an average QB. He has yet to even be average.

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Well Gase hasn't been successful outside of his Manning season where as Reid's system has been duplicated multiple times.  This may be a Sam problem no question but are you willing to give up on him already or maybe give him another crack at it with a more proven system.  You willing to cut bait on a 23 year old QB for a coach with a far longer history of failures?  Seems like a bad hill to for you plant your flag on.

They both have to go if Sam doesn’t turn it around. 

59 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Kliff Kingsbury was right there - I cry.

This would actually be us watching Jets games instead

ewu_gzbu8aam1qa.jpg

Lmao I was admittedly a McCarthy guy but I didn’t think Gase was even a serious candidate. Kingsbury would of been okay with me.

Just taught me Chris is in no way better than Woody. Such an epic botch