2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think learning from Reid for the last 7 years can only be good for him. His speciality is running backs (technically) so I like that as well. As we will hopefully be getting a good RB in the draft I hope (hopefully Etienne). He is my 3rd favorite of that group though.

Gotcha.  I only wonder if he can "lead" a team and surround himself with good FB people, not just sycophants (gase).  Personally, I would like to see a coach who is not riding the coattails of others which I believe Bienamy is doing more so than most.  However,  if he can be Andy Reid, I would be all for it, as long as he reports to the Jets GM. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Gotcha.  I only wonder if he can "lead" a team and surround himself with good FB people, not just sycophants (gase).  Personally, I would like to see a coach who is not riding the coattails of others which I believe Bienamy is doing more so than most.  However,  if he can be Andy Reid, I would be all for it, as long as he reports to the Jets GM. 

I think we need something. We hired JD with no GM experience just from working with good team builders. Bienamy would be the same with no Hc experience but has been around some good offensive football minds. Any coordinator carries some risk. But that’s really our only option. Bc most NCAA HCs that might make a move will what some GM power and we don’t offer that. Our next HC will be just a HC. It’s just a matter of getting the right one. Which I have little confidence in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we need something. We hired JD with no GM experience just from working with good team builders. Bienamy would be the same with no Hc experience but has been around some good offensive football minds. Any coordinator carries some risk. But that’s really our only option. Bc most NCAA HCs that might make a move will what some GM power and we don’t offer that. Our next HC will be just a HC. It’s just a matter of getting the right one. Which I have little confidence in.

I understand all that, I just worry that Bienamy is another Patton Oswalt - not designing the O scheme or calling the plays.  He just seems like a clipboard holder and OC in name only.  As for college coaches, I agree, many will want to shop for the food they prepare.  I don't think Rhule was looking for that power, just the power to pick his coaches which is not only reasonable but it is the way it should be.  We shall see.  All I ask is for no dysfunction with the FO along with other things I have mentioned in the past.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

I understand all that, I just worry that Bienamy is another Patton Oswalt - not designing the O scheme or calling the plays.  He just seems like a clipboard holder and OC in name only.  As for college coaches, I agree, many will want to shop for the food they prepare.  I don't think Rhule was looking for that power, just the power to pick his coaches which is not only reasonable but it is the way it should be.  We shall see.  All I ask is for no dysfunction with the FO along with other things I have mentioned in the past.

And that's why I don't think we should just get any OC at our next HC. Make it a guy that's been under a functioning HC and Organization. Bienamy is that. He's watched Reid for 7 years. Daboll has quite a good resume from all areas he brings to the table under some great HCs (he was our QB coach when Favre was here if you remember). And Riley is the up and coming guy who is already a HC but technically knows nothing about the NFL game (which doesn't matter much nowadays).

If I had to rank who I want here, it would go like this...

1. Daboll

2. Riley

3. Bienamy

I still need to do more research on other guys to form an opinion on them. But these are the 3 I'd like right now.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

And that's why I don't think we should just get any OC at our next HC. Make it a guy that's been under a functioning HC and Organization. Bienamy is that. He's watched Reid for 7 years. Daboll has quite a good resume from all areas he brings to the table under some great HCs (he was our QB coach when Favre was here if you remember). And Riley is the up and coming guy who is already a HC but technically knows nothing about the NFL game (which doesn't matter much nowadays).

If I had to rank who I want here, it would go like this...

1. Daboll

2. Riley

3. Bienamy

I still need to do more research on other guys to form an opinion on them. But these are the 3 I'd like right now.

I'm with you on Bienamy. I think he's more than a clipboard holder and all that time under Reid had to have taught him enough to be a successful play caller by now - or atleast know when he sees one. The biggest plus for me is that he's a former NFL player. We need a strong locker room more than ever and he knows both sides of it.

21 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

1a. Harbaugh /  1b. Matt Campbell 

3. Joe Brady. 

4. Arthur Smith 

5. Eric B. 

Joe Brady is a guy you want on your staff but not running your staff, AT THIS POINT. He can be the next Sean Payton in time but it is really too early for him. I’d like to see him go to college and run a team and see how he builds a program.

Arthur Smith is interesting, philosophically his approach works for how we should be playing football. Physical run game, play action passing. We need the horses though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Joe Brady is a guy you want on your staff but not running your staff, AT THIS POINT. He can be the next Sean Payton in time but it is really too early for him. I’d like to see him go to college and run a team and see how he builds a program.

Arthur Smith is interesting, philosophically his approach works for how we should be playing football. Physical run game, play action passing. We need the horses though. 

The question is if you think Brady is the next Sean Payton, are you going to let another team grab him and get SP 2.0?