2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

The question is if you think Brady is the next Sean Payton, are you going to let another team grab him and get SP 2.0? 

That’s the question. You might risk grabbing him too soon as he still has a lot to learn. But then again you give him the keys and let him grow. This fan base and media market doesn’t have the patience for that IMO. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

That’s the question. You might risk grabbing him too soon as he still has a lot to learn. But then again you give him the keys and let him grow. This fan base and media market doesn’t have the patience for that IMO. 

I think you have to have pieces in place to take a "risk" like that. You cant give Brady a completely rebuilt team and expect him to succeed. He'd do great being a HC of a team that has pieces in place. We are not even close to that team

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Fair. 

But since we're about to be 0-16, the bar is incredibly low. 4-5 wins and progress on offense would make him look like a hero.  I think he's worth grabbing if he's calling plays. It would be similar to Sean Payton.  His lack of experience is concerning. 

Brady is interesting.  I have him above other coordinators because how quickly he improved the Panthers without CMC after the big year at LSU. There is something about him. He would improve this offense at least and give QBs like Lawrence and Fields a reason to be believe things will change  

Brady will be a good coach one day but its not what is needed here at the moment. He was a passing game coordinator for one year in college and one year OC in NFL and is 31 years old. We need someone who can build this program from the ground up and someone the players will respect immediately. I like the kid I really do but we need more experience here.

• Like 1

I recently realized something about Breer connecting Joe Douglas to college coaches because of his "connections". It actually makes sense because JD has a big scouting background. He had to talk to coaches and also broke down footage of how the players he scouted were being used. He spent 14/19 years as a scout. 

21 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

You guys think Dan Mullen could be an option? I have a strong feeling we’re gonna go the college route

I don't know why I have a hard time picturing him being a target. He was amazing last year. His only L's came from LSU & Georgia. He turned Florida into a threat quickly. I need to add him to my list. 

29 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I know I’m setting myself up for disappointment... but if ATL and NYG win and we lose...

I think Gase is gone this week. Being the only winless coach in the NFL. Especially with what looks like 3 for sure losses before the bye. Just make a change.

But what if we fire gase, Greg takes over and we go win 4 games? Wouldn't you rather suffer through the rest of the season with gase since it almost guarantees the #1 pick?

1 hour ago, mattmanz91 said:

But what if we fire gase, Greg takes over and we go win 4 games? Wouldn't you rather suffer through the rest of the season with gase since it almost guarantees the #1 pick?

No. Bc every ply on our tam I regressing it’s him as HC. This team is more than just a hopeful tank for TLaw 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mattmanz91 said:

Neither Gregg Williams, Greg Roman or Gregg Allman could win 4 games for the remainder of this season

• Like 1